PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

IIRC, there was talk in the media of City pulling out, but then Chelsea did it first, the bastards. The story was that one club said "this wasn't what we signed up to" and I always thought that was a City quote. The others, presumably, must have known what they were signing up to. Gives me a sense of moral high ground anyway. So it's a moral first out for me. :)

Still doesn't excuse the mistake of signing up to something when you don't fully understand it, though, so if I am right it wasn't the management's greatest hour tbh.

I don`t know whether we really wanted the ESL or we were covering ourselves because we feared being left behind. Being shut out of the ESL and its potential would of course have been a worry. Thankfully our management got to the correct decision imo.

Last edited:
IIRC, there was talk in the media of City pulling out, but then Chelsea did it first, the bastards. The story was that one club said "this wasn't what we signed up to" and I always thought that was a City quote. The others, presumably, must have known what they were signing up to. Gives me a sense of moral high ground anyway. So it's a moral first out for me. :)

Still doesn't excuse the mistake of signing up to something when you don't fully understand it, though, so if I am right it wasn't the management's greatest hour tbh.
The competition was advertised as an invitational league, the belief from City was if we were not in at the first, we would not be invited later, if anything us joining scuppered the new G14 attempt to ditch the undesiriables, so might have more to do with it`s failure.

Last in. ( first out iirc).
Hopefully City never have to make a similar decision again.
That's how I saw it.

Those "istory" Clubs probably didn't want to invite us but had no choice because we are currently better than them on and off the pitch!

American lead all day long that, fell flat and the US owners try and sell up but no one will touch their debt ridden Clubs for the price they want.

Where the fuck is the Panorama type investigative journalism into these Clubs and all that has gone on, they are corrupt to the core but have manipulated the media into a City witch hunt.

Part of me thinks they've had some role in the Pinto hacking to start all this shit off.
Funny how nothing was unearthed relating to the supposedly "2 biggest Clubs in the world" when you consider all the dodgy stuff they have been involved with over the years.

That's how I saw it.

Those "istory" Clubs probably didn't want to invite us but had no choice because we are currently better than them on and off the pitch!

American lead all day long that, fell flat and the US owners try and sell up but no one will touch their debt ridden Clubs for the price they want.

Where the fuck is the Panorama type investigative journalism into these Clubs and all that has gone on, they are corrupt to the core but have manipulated the media into a City witch hunt.

Part of me thinks they've had some role in the Pinto hacking to start all this shit off.
Funny how nothing was unearthed relating to the supposedly "2 biggest Clubs in the world" when you consider all the dodgy stuff they have been involved with over the years.
They would have had to have been hacked to start with before "unearthing" anything, we were done by someone not paying attention and clicking on a link in an email that they really shouldn't have.

The competition was advertised as an invitational league, the belief from City was if we were not in at the first, we would not be invited later, if anything us joining scuppered the new G14 attempt to ditch the undesiriables, so might have more to do with it`s failure.

Yes, I would really like to hear the real story behind all this. So much of it doesn't make much sense. But I guess we will never know.

Surprised these wonderful sports journalists we have who can sniff out a great story haven't written books about it. Not.

This is on his wiki, obviously not necessarily 100% accurate...

View attachment 80664

I'm with you on that.

Also the appointment of Masters as CEO as per the above. Fourth choice and vetted by united and Liverpool.

I would hope, really hope, that City have spoken to the 3 who turned the role down since then. City knowing their actual reasons and knowing what came up in their meetings with them two clubs, could prove very interesting and useful.

I'm with you on that.

Also the appointment of Masters as CEO as per the above. Fourth choice and vetted by united and Liverpool.

I would hope, really hope, that City have spoken to the 3 who turned the role down since then. City knowing their actual reasons and knowing what came up in their meetings with them two clubs, could prove very interesting and useful.
And not a chance in hell that they would share their reasons with us or anyone else. Not if they'd like to work again before retirement.

I'm with you on that.

The Masters appointment was organised and clear. If you watched the Commons Select Committee into the Governance of football it is pretty obvious that he is held in contempt by the senior figures in the Government and the Opposition. They are pushing for an indpendent regulator because they know the PL management is rotten to the core and not fit for purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.