PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

First an explanation. I’ve viewed this forum practically every day since before the takeover (and even going back to Man City Info Via the Alps or whatever it was called) I joined formally in 2014 vowing not to become an active poster. I’ve posted a tiny handful of times - each time alcohol being involved. I was born in Gorton, lived in Gorton, Levenshulme, East Didsbury, Cheadle and left Manchester in 1984. My Grandad was a City fan who went to Hyde Road and my Grandson is a City fan pleading to go to the Etihad. 5 Generations of blues. No Reds in the family other than by marriage. I post quite a lot about City but in the comments sections of the press or YouTube etc. So if anyone wants a dig about my lack of posts then crack on, as I don’t give a shiny shite.

This fucking fiasco has made me pick up my ”pen”.

The fucking scummy bastards. We’re not going anywhere.

Two things : referring the matter to an Independent Commission is very much like the EPL acting as Pontius Pilate - but hey, they’ll say they’ve done their job ; & what changed after 2017/18 so that the alleged breaches just stop ?

A final observation is that I wondered at the time whether the super league was a Trojan horse as far City was concerned, so they would fuck us over once we were in !

The way I read it is that it is:
"Further breaches related to rules requiring full details of "manager remuneration".

These were related to the 2009-10 to 2012-13 seasons, when Roberto Mancini was in charge."

Does that mean we were paying Bobby Manc too much? Or not paying Pep enough?
C6461F5F-A453-44D5-A5B1-6900A0ABF835.jpeg

I disagree, the clubs approach has let us down badly, half a decade and more of continuously having to listen to accusations of cheating, ruining football, buying the league, not from other fans I get that, it's "banter" and we would do the same, but from supposedly professional people in media and within the game, all of which could and should have been challenged long before now.

We are definitely guilty of one thing, and thats indolence
It will be unpopular- but some truth in that.

If players were being paid additional payments, surely someone would have spoke up, for example Yaya during his feud, or players not getting additional payments would down tools. If there was a risk of medals getting taken off them, why would the likes Aguero and Silva spend most of their careers here, it would seem a waste. If they had to sign NDAs, surely there would be records of that, not sure how that would even work if its against the rules, an NDA wouldn't hold up (?) . Or would they simply not be aware of any wrong doings? If so blatantly cooking the books, why not just go all out and get the likes of Messi etc at the time

Last edited:
It's an interesting question.

If Sheikh Mansour felt like topping up Mancini's or Yaya's salary by £5m per year, how does the PL have the ability to find out or prove it?

They could have emails from the leak discussing it, but they can't have any financial records which makes proving it impossible.
Those allegations relate to 2010-12, so I’ve gone through our squad from that period and decided they have James Milner providing his bank statements ;) I now hate him even more than before, purely based on a fabrication of my own mind. Good enough for me.

I might be wrong but any possible criminal charges would surely mean the PL would have had to report any evidence to the Police and their investigation would then take priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.