PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If this has been asked and I have missed it, my apologies.

When we “failed” FFP back in 2014 was it not for roughly the same thing, failing to break even? Seems a huge disparity in fines, or am I missing something obvious?

Yes asked before for comparison but not getting one. Guess it depends on the amounts involved and they will argue Covid mitigation but we would argue new rules new club at the top table heading in the right directions.

Also should be dependent on revenue small clubs small fines that clearly not the case here but don’t know exactly how much United earn now or us back then.
In 2014 we failed FFP by a considerable amount, about £80m iirc. However there was a get-out clause in FFP at the time that meant if you met certain conditions, even if you failed FFP you wouldn't be sanctioned.

We were on course to meet those conditions, but UEFA moved the goalposts, meaning
instead of being just inside the allowable amount, we were about £2m over it. And for that £2m, a situation that UEFA had manufactured, we were fined about £16m, along with other sanctions.

Last edited:
In 2014 we failed FFP by a considerable amount, about £80m iirc. However there was a get-out clause in FFP at the time that meant if you met certain conditions, even if you failed FFP you wouldn't be sanctioned.

We were on course to meet those conditions, but UEFA moved the goalposts, meaning
instead of being just inside the allowable amount, we were about £2m over it. And for that £2m, a situation that UEFA had manufacture, we were fined about £16m, along with other sanctions.

C'mon PB, it was €60m. If the all knowing Simon 'The Ronseal Man' Jordon says it was €60m, it was €60m.

No arguing. it was €60m as he likes to tell everyone. I know he says it was reduced for good behaviour but it was still €60m.

C'mon PB, it was €60m. If the all knowing Simon 'The Ronseal Man' Jordon says it was €60m, it was €60m.

No arguing. it was €60m as he likes to tell everyone. I know he says it was reduced for good behaviour but it was still €60m.

It was 60 wasn't it? 30 paid, 30 suspended and not later paid?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.