PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Serious question here then. How would you feel about the situation if City are indeed found guilty of the bulk of these charges (there 100 of them, so I'm going to assume some of these will stick) and City are handed an unprecedented punishment, say a massive points deduction? Will your anger and ire be directed at your owners, or at the PL?
It depends on the details of the charges obviously. This is the sort of thing that fans of other clubs should really be avoiding at the moment.

Serious question here then. How would you feel about the situation if City are indeed found guilty of the bulk of these charges (there 100 of them, so I'm going to assume some of these will stick) and City are handed an unprecedented punishment, say a massive points deduction? Will your anger and ire be directed at your owners, or at the PL?
The Premier League & the Hateful Eight clubs who're pissed at us because we broke up their cosy Sky 4 cartel, which guaranteed them CL football season after season.

The only thing they had to consider was what league order the Sky 4 would finish, & who'd have to play a Champions League qualifying round match against the Azerbaijan Champions to secure a group slot.

City have upset their apple cart. They can't beat us on the pitch, so they've been trying everything from the beginning to nobble us off it...

From the BBC,

What have City been charged with?
In a statement the Premier League said City breached rules requiring them to provide "accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club's financial position".

This information covered club revenue, which includes sponsorship income and operating costs.

Further alleged breaches relate to rules requiring full details of manager remuneration - from the 2009-10 to 2012-13 seasons, when Roberto Mancini was in charge - and player remuneration between 2010-11 and 2015-16.

The Premier League said City breached rules related to Uefa regulations, including Financial Fair Play (FFP), from 2013-14 to 2017-18, as well as Premier League rules on profitability and sustainability from 2015-16 to 2017-18.
What rules were breached?

Like I said if we have been guilty of breaking the PL rules which require audited accounts to be submitted then, it infers that we have submitted falsified accounts and has such this is a criminal offence
So why are the police not involved? Surely if the PL uncover this, their next step is not to put together a PL independent review but to involve the authorities who take it away from the PL?

Surely the process isn’t PL think we have committed fraud -> Independent review agrees -> City fight it at High Court -> Police get involved depending on the outcome?

It doesn’t make sense to me.

anyone know if City can object to any of the members appointed to the investigatory panel on grounds of bias & conflict of interest?

I don't believe for one minute that we paid off Mancini's severance fee and didn't include it in the accounts - that would be arguably more amateurish and stupid than anything Swales ever did. I thought the Mancini stuff was to do with whether he'd taken up another post and was being paid for that as well as for managing City?

As for inflation of investments - hasn't this already been dealt with by UEFA/CAS and ultimately no evidence of wrongdoing was found?
No evidence was found OR it was time barred. Theoretically it isn't time barred here but I think the 6 year limit might end up applying.

Based on the leaked emails, it seems like it will boil down to:

What we said we did IS legal, but did we take a shortcut and mess up the invoicing and payments.

If we have a contract with Etihad that says we'll receive £Xm on X date, can we evidence that invoice and show the money coming into the bank from Etihad. Whether it ultimately came from HRH is largely irrelevant but that's the paper trail required and it's important. If the money has come in directly to us from another source (rather than Etihad) then that is an issue, especially if it can be linked to HRH.

I don't see how our auditors would have signed off on it though, so I'm relatively at ease with that accusation.

Agree with your view on Mancini issue.

Suspect the acting in good faith charges will stick, but not much else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.