PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I believe if we appeal a new independent panel is brought in and the evidence examined again, may be wrong tho

The independent panel's findings are final I think. Any appeal to the courts would have to about UK law and the panel I suppose.

Serious question here then. How would you feel about the situation if City are indeed found guilty of the bulk of these charges (there 100 of them, so I'm going to assume some of these will stick) and City are handed an unprecedented punishment, say a massive points deduction? Will your anger and ire be directed at your owners, or at the PL?

I'd be angry with the club. If we've broken rules then we rightly should be punished.

Can't blame the PL for enforcing their rules, we knew them and should have abided by them. It depends what we're found guilty of and whether the punishment is justified. The PL have thrown everything they can at us, hoping the severe ones stick and if not, getting us with some minor breach here and there. If the punishment is severe despite just minor breaches then I'd be pissed off with the PL.

We know this has come from certain clubs pressurising the PL. They've had to act. But we expect the club to be run appropriately.

Not for nothing, but if the charges brought today are so trivially easy to disprove as they'd need to be for the club not to be worried, it means the people in charge of dealing with this investigation for the last four years are wildly incompetent and need sacking.
Probably

It's a good question to be fair,and the majority will point the finger at the PL,but it looks like it will take a considerable amount of time for it to come out in full.

Now what I will do here,and being you are a visitor,albeit regular on this forum,how would you feel or indeed blame,if it becomes Chelsea with the same charges,because let's be honest,behind your smirk you must have a feeling Chelsea will be looked at in the coming months as well ?

I don't know why you think I'm posting here with a smirk. I've always posted here in good faith and it's just a genuine question, which most people have answered honestly.

I have always been honest about Chelsea. If my club was judged to have broken rules I'd be upset my owners for dragging my club's name through the mud. There's no chance I'd be defending Boehly if the PL in the months or years to come brought charges against Chelsea.

That said, my relationship with Boehly and this ownership is wildly different from yours and your ownership. There's no attachment there for me. I'm judging them just as everyone else is judging them.

the case is dead in the water because the first question should be who made the rules in the first place, it was to protect them from others challenging them ? let's get it right here, the EPL are working under and for Manchester United the product,

The Premier League is Bent to the core, from board members to match officials, all being hand feed to bend over and let united fuck the others over, time and time again, Manchester city new owners dared to take them on, so what did they do ? change the rules to suit them again,

FFP is not for the good of football or its fans, it was to stop one club and one club only (Manchester city),
what Manchester United hate most is being taken on and losing, the fact we are the best club in the Premier League cuts them up inside, everything has been used to try and stop us, even the match officials try, but we keep on winning, even VAR, and we keep on winning,

the thing we should do now is ask the other 10 Premier League clubs to back us, let's clean this Premier League up once and for all, out vote the other 9 clubs being used by united against us, call for a change and get rid of the old board members that will fuck you over at every chance they get,

all this protection for the teams that get relegated (parachute payments) is going to be taken away, so don't vote for the scum any more, this was the tool united used to bend teams over and roll over, Now they want it all

I'd be angry with the club. If we've broken rules then we rightly should be punished.

Can't blame the PL for enforcing their rules, we knew them and should have abided by them. It depends what we're found guilty of and whether the punishment is justified. The PL have thrown everything they can at us, hoping the severe ones stick and if not, getting us with some minor breach here and there. If the punishment is severe despite just minor breaches then I'd be pissed off with the PL.

We know this has come from certain clubs pressurising the PL. They've had to act. But we expect the club to be run appropriately.
That's assuming the PL are enforcing their rules to everyone?

Our character is destroyed now anyway media propaganda has every football fan branding us cheats, corrupt, we paid off CAS that time. Etc
That's one of the main aims. The investigation is to have and keep Manchester City under investigation. It's already been four years and at least another 2 or 3 years if not more now. So it will be the best part of a decade under constant investigation for cheating. A whole generation of football fans will have been brought up with City being branded cheats and corrupt. Our reputation is shredded. Even if we do win down the line it will be the usual 'they got away with it on technicalities - again' etc etc. Hopefully, the PL won't win the war but they have already won enough battles to hurt and scar us permanently.

Will say again for the PL to prove that we concealed payments to managers and players and that we inflated profits they must have solid proof. I can't see that they have it.

For this kind of evidence HMRC, the National Crime Agency, the UK Financial Intelligence Unit etc, would all have to be involved. This would also involve which ever organisations we used for our accounts and auditing.

And yet there is no such evidence that any of these agencies and organisations are involved, even though government agencies leak like a sieve.

I do however expect the PL to find us guilty on non-compliance with the investigation though I doubt that will be on all 30 charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.