PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Going slightly off-topic, isn’t FFP a big factor of the inflation of football transfers?

If you buy a player for 50mil and sell them for 10mil, you’ve made a 40mil loss but had possibly 5+ good years of service where you’ve not had to replace them.

If you buy 3 players, 50mil each, but have to consistently sell to buy & buy to sell, the average transfer rate skyrockets.

We all know it’s a racket, but it’s also shooting up the price of players to unsustainable levels.

Arsenal’s deal with Emirates is £50 million per year, City’s Etihad deal is worth £67.5 million per year, this is City who have qualified consistently for the Champions league every season since 2011. Won 7 premier league titles in that period, completed a treble, been in two champions league finals and not finished outside of the semi finals in the competition since 2020. For exposure I think the deal has been very good for Etihad growing it’s global brand, I imagine not many people will have heard of them before 2009.
I read somewhere that the Etihad deal was only worth 40 million a year or I did I dream that. :)

Going slightly off-topic, isn’t FFP a big factor of the inflation of football transfers?

If you buy a player for 50mil and sell them for 10mil, you’ve made a 40mil loss but had possibly 5+ good years of service where you’ve not had to replace them.

If you buy 3 players, 50mil each, but have to consistently sell to buy & buy to sell, the average transfer rate skyrockets.

We all know it’s a racket, but it’s also shooting up the price of players to unsustainable levels.
FFP is unfortunately what happens when a financial policy is designed and implemented by people who know nothing about finances or fairness but who have a rather different agenda.

On Talksport talking Chelsea finances at 11.30 - Jordan and White
That was very interesting. Simon Jordan is a real motor mouth by the way. I am not a finance professional, but I think Chelsea are walking a real tight rope with a blind fold on. If they breach ffp again in a big way, I think they are very likely to be heavily sanctioned and not with just a fine. They will get a points deduction. As you said, the clubs that badgered the PL and UEFA about us will be doing just the same regarding Chelsea. The likes of Liverpool/Man Utd et al are hurting right now and they will do whatever it takes to level the playing field on and off the pitch. Interesting times. Come on City! Best owners in the world.

Arsenal’s deal with Emirates is £50 million per year, City’s Etihad deal is worth £67.5 million per year, this is City who have qualified consistently for the Champions league every season since 2011. Won 7 premier league titles in that period, completed a treble, been in two champions league finals and not finished outside of the semi finals in the competition since 2020. For exposure I think the deal has been very good for Etihad growing it’s global brand, I imagine not many people will have heard of them before 2009.
In contrast to rags getting £90m a year for the next ten years for one Caribou cup

In contrast to rags getting £90m a year for the next ten years for one Caribou cup
The Team Viewer sponsorship which was worth a high percentage of the company’s actual value which they have realised they can’t finance any more was reckless. Any future sponsors to United are they getting value for money? They’ve turned into a basket case of a club dining out on things that happened 20 odd years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.