PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Doesn’t sound too good does it
You clearly need to do some reading on this subject as you don't seem to have a clue, to what's going on.
We have had about 5 years of lies and innuendo from the national press.
One more negative slant,doesn't equal the truth,but it does maintain the agenda of the bully boys and their sycophants.

You would sincerely hope that given the problems emails have got us into in the past that we would be far more careful now.

So even if the emails are disclosed there would be nothing for City to be concerned about.

You would sincerely hope that given the problems emails have got us into in the past that we would be far more careful now.

So even if the emails are disclosed there would be nothing for City to be concerned about.
It’s far more likely that the government has put a stop to the info being released. It’ll be nothing to do with us.

As others have commented, it's a puff piece with nothing concrete in it whatsoever. It would only be interesting if The Athletic appeal against the refusal to publish the contents of any discussions were to succeed. Even then if all they amounted to was AD saying they aren't happy with the charges and the UK government saying they don't control the PL then not hugely interesting at all.

I have a full subscription to The Athletic via a modded app so it costs me nothing. That is the value I'd put on it actually.

As others have commented, it's a puff piece with nothing concrete in it whatsoever. It would only be interesting if The Athletic appeal against the refusal to publish the contents of any discussions were to succeed. Even then if all they amounted to was AD saying they aren't happy with the charges and the UK government saying they don't control the PL then not hugely interesting at all.

I have a full subscription to The Athletic via a modded app so it costs me nothing. That is the value I'd put on it actually.
Yeah, but if the Abu Dhabi Government contacted the British government, in order to influence an ongoing investigation or to make it go away, then that doesn't look very good, does it?

Especially if we are adamant that City are not state owned, so why is the Abu Dhabi government getting involved in a football matter?

If the intention was to have their day in court, you wouldn't be knocking on the door of number 10, as some people on here have mentioned, threatening to cancel Billions of investment.

If that is the case, then the charges have to have some merit.

The Premier League are essentially accusing a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family of submitting fraudulent accounts over a prolonged period in the UK, something that is vehemently denied. Of course that is going to be brought up at a diplomatic level.
This. But aside from the PL investigation City will get brought up quite often when Mansour is meeting officials from other countries. Martin Samuel alluded to this in an article years ago. Football’s a very popular topic around the world and it’ll be far more interesting for many to discuss City with him rather than all those shares he bought in Barclays that time!

Yeah, but if the Abu Dhabi Government contacted the British government, in order to influence an ongoing investigation or to make it go away, then that doesn't look very good, does it?

Especially if we are adamant that City are not state owned, so why is the Abu Dhabi government getting involved in a football matter?

If the intention was to have their day in court, you wouldn't be knocking on the door of number 10, as some people on here have mentioned, threatening to cancel Billions of investment.

If that is the case, then the charges have to have some merit.
That wouldn't look good at all and it would absolutely undermine the club stance that we aren't state owned.

As I said, it could be interesting if the records of the discussions are released. As things stand it's all speculation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.