PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Personally I dont think it's a bad look. What it shows is the American run PL thought it was a big player in the world.

This just shows Citys owner plays in alot bigger world.

Plus if you are being accused of cooking the books you would use your friends in high places. It's what the Americans are doing.
I get the feeling AD and probably Sheikh M have business links with the highest political figures in USA never mind UK.

Incidentally, when was lobbying considered to be something that should not be done?

On a side note, many posters have said that they believe that our owners / Abu Dhabi has lots of dirt on our bitter rivals.

Who actually believes this as for the life of me I can't understand why it isn't out there if we had it. Obviously the club wouldn't be putting evidence of wrongdoing on the official site but it would be released via a third party, put on the Dark Web, given to a major media outlet for free for example.

It's reminiscent of the mountain of shit Liverpool were going to get, with club executives being led out in handcuffs. Whatever happened to that?

Reading all the comments on here - loads saying it's a bad look if we've gone political and gone to the government...

...do we know that's the case – or is it that the British Government who have approached Abu Dhabi, shitting themselves that this may jepordise any multi-billion business dealings?
It's not loads, it's just one or two who couldn't be arsed reading anything but the misleading headline and a dipper troll.

They've stated that the F.O. and the AD British embassy have had some communication (it could even be just the one instance) between themselves regarding this but they won't (rightly so) release what exactly it was. AD themselves or our government directly haven't been mentioned.

I see quite a few users that have joined the forum in the last few months are bemoaning these new “revelations” as an indictment of the the club and an omen of our impending demise.

Funny that.
It's always a good idea to have a quick ganders at the posters who are giving their posts numerous 'likes.' Quite often they've joined at the same time...

I get the feeling AD and probably Sheikh M have business links with the highest political figures in USA never mind UK.

Incidentally, when was lobbying considered to be something that should not be done?
Khaldoon has important governmental links in both USA and UK.

Sounds like the media are doing the groundwork for the day they know is coming when we’re cleared

The story and conspiracy theories will rumble on with sly digs about dodgy deals to make it go away and the bellends on Twitter will refuse to accept anything other than we bought our way out of it

I'm so angry with The Athletic I'm going to cancel my subscription!!

Oh, I've just remembered I don't pay for it..

It is very odd for them as they have been extremely cautious with articles about the ongoing charges and they haven't generally / ever opened comments (I don't bother reading it too often). The headline states that it has been discussed by the UK government and 'Abu Dhabi' but the article immediately states that the potential discussions were between our embassy and the FCO. It's very Daily Mail-ish and I suspect they are struggling for subscribers so therefore moving into sensationalism rather than wordy, tedious pieces as before.

It’s a please forgive me from Adam Crafton for his Greenwood article.

I think City should use any weapon possible to fight the attack. It is nothing less than an ongoing attempt since more than 10 years to put us out of business. For me this justifies any defensive means. And I do not give a fuck about how this looks in the eyes of some brainwashed members of some other tribes, and their paid propaganda media. Lets hit back as hard as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.