PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Sorry pal, you're very naive. Newcastle are state owned it's not an argument. City aren't, if you can't see the difference between the two ownership models then I don't know what to say. As for last resort, are you joking? The PL are trying to destroy Manchester City, and the name of it's owner. Wake up and smell the fucking grass mate, you're living in cuckoo land.

I can see the difference though? That’s exactly what I just said, the Newcastle one is clearly state owned and shouldn’t be allowed.

My point is that it diplomatic channels are inevitably going to be used then to all purposes, it doesn’t make a difference.

Like I also said, in the world where there is complete distrust in the PL then I get it. Neither of them are good things though.

So The Pathletic accuse us of being state owned.

Which we're not.

But if we were, then clearly a company owned by the Abu Dhabi State being charged by a UK organisation of cheating would be a major diplomatic issue.

So why are The Pathletic amazed that this is being discussed at embassy level?

Because secretly they know that we're NOT state owned.

Can't have it both ways.

AbuDhabi companies have funded and managed construction of 3 offshore wind farms. The crown owns the seabed up to the limit. So the crown gets rent and Charlie gets a proportion of the Crown income. I guess that is what a slightly confused poster was alluding to.
Thanks for clarification KS.

Reading all the comments on here - loads saying it's a bad look if we've gone political and gone to the government...

...do we know that's the case – or is it that the British Government who have approached Abu Dhabi, shitting themselves that this may jepordise any multi-billion business dealings?

You know what “doesn’t look very good”?

Scheduling a trophy parade on the anniversary of Heysel.

Throwing a glass full of coins at a teenage girl, hospitalising her.

Smashing up and spitting on everything in site, even when you’ve fucking won.

Players wearing Suarez t-shirts after he’s been done for racism.

Hacking IT systems.

Being ashamed of nothing, yet offended by everything.

Fuck off back to the Miseryside forums and enjoy Thursday night football you sad ****.
Joe Corrigan likes this post (but would have appreciated a quick mention).

It should be added to their usernames so nobody is in any doubt. Seriously though some of us, myself included, will have missed the post(s) where he's said he's dipper. I just call them redshirts now to be on the safe side as that covers 99% of them.
its on his user name , team supported :gaa mayo(lfc)

Reading all the comments on here - loads saying it's a bad look if we've gone political and gone to the government...

...do we know that's the case – or is it that the British Government who have approached Abu Dhabi, shitting themselves that this may jepordise any multi-billion business dealings?

Personally I dont think it's a bad look. What it shows is the American run PL thought it was a big player in the world.

This just shows Citys owner plays in alot bigger world.

Plus if you are being accused of cooking the books you would use your friends in high places. It's what the Americans are doing.

Good to see them getting in early on the 'government leans on FA to drop charges' angle. Might mean a few keep looking away from the actual evidence for a bit longer.

Maybe it's dawning on them what a cock up this is. Lack of evidence, hugely serious and even potentially criminal charges, what evidence they do have is demonstrably illegally obtained and manipulated by a now convicted criminal, a sanctioning body headed by competitors accusing the one member that keeps winning things to the detriment of their own positions (can you say 'cartel'?), evidence of this collusion openly available, and of course even throwing the flimsy accusatory net over members of a royal family who also own significant interests and investments in and around the UK.

Go on FA, keep digging. I'm sure it will all work out very well in a court of law. Just ask Rui Pinto, after all it's his evidence this is based on, I'm sure he'll tell you all about being found guilty of "illegitimate access" and "correspondence violations" by the Portuguese court of law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.