PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And by the amount of overseas supporters that we are attracting to the club, it would appear that they too,don't give 2 shiny shirts about the the trumped up chargeses.
Onwards and upwards, "feck em all"
Some queue that .https://twitter.com/CityzenV/status/1705520612829954447?t=JPgonjNeJVF_PjkQ0M2tCQ&s=19

It's not loads, it's just one or two who couldn't be arsed reading anything but the misleading headline and a dipper troll.

They've stated that the F.O. and the AD British embassy have had some communication (it could even be just the one instance) between themselves regarding this but they won't (rightly so) release what exactly it was. AD themselves or our government directly haven't been mentioned.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if people in AD had raised this with the Embassy there, either formally or, more likely, informally at one of the functions they inevitably attend together. It's just them doing their job. And the Embassy is just doing their job passing information to the FCO whether they have been approached or not. Not sure what the Athletic were trying to achieve in the first place. They were never going to get internal FCO communications on an ongoing issue, so they just ended up with a distorted headline and a nothing-burger article. Weird. Good luck with the appeal, btw. Tossers.

Yeah, but if the Abu Dhabi Government contacted the British government, in order to influence an ongoing investigation or to make it go away, then that doesn't look very good, does it?

Especially if we are adamant that City are not state owned, so why is the Abu Dhabi government getting involved in a football matter?

If the intention was to have their day in court, you wouldn't be knocking on the door of number 10, as some people on here have mentioned, threatening to cancel Billions of investment.

If that is the case, then the charges have to have some merit.
Am I missing something here? Can someone point me in the direction of where the Abu Dhabi Govt has contacted the British Govt over this. I thought the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi had conversations with the British Govt in London.....and that's an entirely different thing. In fact I'd be surprised if those conversations hadn't taken place. It's a complete non-story (again)......unless, as I say, I'm missing something. In which case I stand corrected.

Yeah, but if the Abu Dhabi Government contacted the British government, in order to influence an ongoing investigation or to make it go away, then that doesn't look very good, does it?

Especially if we are adamant that City are not state owned, so why is the Abu Dhabi government getting involved in a football matter?

If the intention was to have their day in court, you wouldn't be knocking on the door of number 10, as some people on here have mentioned, threatening to cancel Billions of investment.

If that is the case, then the charges have to have some merit.

That is not what has been reported.

And who is this “we” you speak of?

Am I missing something here? Can someone point me in the direction of where the Abu Dhabi Govt has contacted the British Govt over this. I thought the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi had conversations with the British Govt in London.....and that's an entirely different thing. In fact I'd be surprised if those conversations hadn't taken place. It's a complete non-story (again)......unless, as I say, I'm missing something. In which case I stand corrected.
It was the Foreign Office in particular rather than the British government, but you're replying to a dipper anyway.

There is bound to have been idle uninformed conversation about the issue just as we've had on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.