PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The more I think about it, the more I think this is made up bollocks. If you had to have multiple deals of the same value, sponsorship negotiations would amount to a public auction. The thing is, it could never be resolved because, by definition, the best offer could not be matched by multiple other offers.
100% bollocks. How often are sponsorships renewed with the existing sponsors? Are they expecting clubs to put it out to tender rather than continue with an acceptable deal between two entities who are quite happy with their arrangement?

Just because two sponsors offer the same financial deal doesn't mean the deals are the same.

I cant wait for one of the America clubs to have a gun manufacturer as a sponsor. Both companies offering thr same financial but one gives the players a free AK47 !

Just because two sponsors offer the same financial deal doesn't mean the deals are the same.

I cant wait for one of the America clubs to have a gun manufacturer as a sponsor. Both companies offering thr same financial but one gives the players a free AK47 !
The prospect of Poundland Haaland or Aussie Nunes with a gun is a bit scary. Target should be safe though.

I can't see how this proposed 'multiple' similar value offers rule could possibly work (even though I can see why it is being put forward). What major company / corporation would bother getting into substantive negotiations if they know that the club they are dealing with are doing the same with other parties? Also you have different perceived values for what is on offer. So as not to use us or Newcastle as an example how are Arsenal going to get multiple similar offers for stadium naming rights when the Emirates deal ends? It would clearly be far more valuable to Emirates to renew than say to B&M Bargains to be the new sponsor. The same applies to all PL clubs and major sponsorship deals.

I can't see how this proposed 'multiple' similar value offers rule could possibly work (even though I can see why it is being put forward). What major company / corporation would bother getting into substantive negotiations if they know that the club they are dealing with are doing the same with other parties? Also you have different perceived values for what is on offer. So as not to use us or Newcastle as an example how are Arsenal going to get multiple similar offers for stadium naming rights when the Emirates deal ends? It would clearly be far more valuable to Emirates to renew than say to B&M Bargains to be the new sponsor. The same applies to all PL clubs and major sponsorship deals.

I imagine a lot of value for sponsorship comes from not the name on advertising hoardings which you can probably easily compare but from use of players in campaigns and free stuff for staff and also things like how much advertising do sponsors get via social media club site involvement in club competitions etc. Things like Nissan goal of the month or whatever it is. There are fleets of posh taxi on orange car park with sponsors branding on which I assume are there for staff of the sponsors and other people they the sponsor want to hand tickets to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.