PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

SSN are now reporting that people are questioning FFP.

They're asking what's wrong with a Moshiri using his own money to compete at the very top of football?

Not allowing him to do so, merely keeps the PL's Big Six where they are, with no one ever being able to challenge them!

They ended by saying "This is a discussion for another day", so let's see what other fans think when it's someone else trying to live the dream who gets clobbered!
FFP never helped Bolton or Leeds and it never stopped Bury from going out of business.

I do think this could be the beginning of the end for FFP in this country. Just let UEFA regulate the European clubs which will fall apart eventually too.

It's going to become tit for tat with clubs secretly complaining behind each others backs. It's not an image I think the Premier League would want.

United fined for FFP this season.
Everton points deduction.
Chelsea could be worse.
City under investigation.

it's just not a good look for the league.

SSN are now reporting that people are questioning FFP.

They're asking what's wrong with a Moshiri using his own money to compete at the very top of football?

Not allowing him to do so, merely keeps the PL's Big Six where they are, with no one ever being able to challenge them!

They ended by saying "This is a discussion for another day", so let's see what other fans think when it's someone else trying to live the dream who gets clobbered!
Just seen it now! Wow! It’s only taken 15 years and a club that isn’t Manchester City to get done for them to suddenly question it! Absolute wankers of the highest order!

So Everton have been found guilty of an overspend averaging 6.5 mill a season over a three season monitoring period. How is that gaining much, if any, meaningful advantage? It just shows what a shambles FFP is.
Not necessarily

A straight injection of £6.5m needs to be seen in the right context

If the club had a profit margin of 5% which is actually decent performance for a service based industry it would have had to have “earnt” £12.6m to generate £6.5m of profit

Over three years that’s £37.5m. Or for context with a mid table club it’s a decent holding midfielder

The other way to contextualise it is to look at depreciation charges/payments

If Everton bought a player on a five year contract and then paid £6.5m per annum in depreciations then the initial value of that player would be £32.5m

Not world beating figure I know but I don’t think we can say it’s not a lot of money. It’s how that money is used as opposed to its value

Yep. Said it before. It’ll be interesting to see now if they get a little help from refs to help them stay up. Sky sports news coming out with unprecedented sanctions! All so they can go to town on us if you ask me. Hopefully we have the evidence khaldoon talks about
They won't need any help. They're only 2 points off safety now and will probably be out of the bottom 3 after the next game

Yep. Said it before. It’ll be interesting to see now if they get a little help from refs to help them stay up. Sky sports news coming out with unprecedented sanctions! All so they can go to town on us if you ask me. Hopefully we have the evidence khaldoon talks about
They gave Tottenham a 12 point deduction in 94 so not the biggest ever given out by the Premier League. The reporters are clueless

Granted Spuds was reduced on appeal, like Everton's will be no doubt.

This situation with Everton proves even the empty charges against us are a win for the premier league. When we get found innocent the club and its accomplishments, as well board and owners will never clear their name in the eyes of the public/media and will be forever tarnished. Not that any city fan should care but still dirty tactics by the league which should ideally see some legal action from us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.