PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If all staff/players took siege mentality and decided to stay would relegation be that damaging? We would be still be in the champions league and would come straight back up.
C'mon fella, grow a set...my Lord...

Finally, finally....an in-depth look at what Everton's defence was and how ridiculous it became. It's an article on the Telegraph site, won't link as you need a subscription, and it shows that Everton had lots of assistance from the PL for a long period to ensure that they didn't fail. They ignored it. They then came up with increasingly bizarre explanations after admitting they had.

One of the most outlandish ones, it actually defies credulity, is that they should be allowed 10 mill off because they didn't sue a player who had been investigated for child sex offences. Although never charged or named he is no longer at the club but their case was that if they sued him it would affect his mental health. The panel decided they would never have received that money under any circumstances.
The piece is by Sam Wallace.

Finally, finally....an in-depth look at what Everton's defence was and how ridiculous it became. It's an article on the Telegraph site, won't link as you need a subscription, and it shows that Everton had lots of assistance from the PL for a long period to ensure that they didn't fail. They ignored it. They then came up with increasingly bizarre explanations after admitting they had.

One of the most outlandish ones, it actually defies credulity, is that they should be allowed 10 mill off because they didn't sue a player who had been investigated for child sex offences. Although never charged or named he is no longer at the club but their case was that if they sued him it would affect his mental health. The panel decided they would never have received that money under any circumstances.
They were brazen. They broke the rules. I don't feel sorry for them. These were rules they voted in and their fans were happy to vote in pre-Moshiri.

Him and the rest of the gobshites want to worry about their own club before pointing the finger at ours. They've admitted guilt, cheated and been punished bang to rights. Glass houses and all that.
First time ever Scousers have admitted guilt, accepted responsibility and took the blame for something.

Well and truly backfired but sadly it's Everten and not the other lot!

We will be fine,i trust in the club and there statements,we are just hated by everyone its as simple as that

There is a lot of talk about relegated clubs pursuing Everton for compensation, as i understand it sporting bodies are allowed draw up rules (within reason) that would not normally apply to any other section of society "no jeans at the golf club etc" ..surely then if these clubs went full legal, then the various FFP type legislation would be up for scrutiny as well. i don't know of any other business and football is a business now, when you are registered on the N/Y stock exchange and take tens of millions out in dividends and stuff it in the tax dodging Cayman Islands then you are a business. Then surely Everton should have full recourse to the legal law of the land as well. Try prosecuting or sanctioning an owner of a business for investing his own money in his own enterprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.