PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just heard the news on Talkshite whilst driving

The sports headline was along the lines of "In the aftermath of Everton's 10 point deduction, those asking about Manchester City are told to be patient"

WTF... Talk about Everton... or mention Chelsea who it appears have a situation far similar but possibly worse than Everton's
Patient for what? Have we been found guilty? I must be missing something

Again this is what they want to happen not what might

I am sure this has most likely been covered at some point in these nearly 3000 pages but please can someone with more intelligence in the matter tell me if we are deemed not guilty, would we then be able to sue the PL for defamation and potential loss of earnings, the public declaration of the 115 charges hasn't been a great thing for reputation.
Short answer: NO.
The PL is the regulator and, in theory, is just doing their job. However, if we were to show that the charges are motivated by base political motives egged on by the redshirts, there is potential for action. It would certainly make ‘acquittal’ more likely. Following their general policy, City would by satisfied by a mea culpa from the league and would not have recourse to the courts.

Oh yeah. Just seems to have popped up again and gone into overdrive since our deduction. It's slowly turning into the City and Chelsea show when the focus needs to stay on us.

Best we could do between the 3 clubs is get the lawyers together and go after the PL. I'd honestly love for us to air everyone elses dirty laundry too, expose the corruption of other clubs and the league.

I would include Newcastle

I just love how every rival fan on social media is all of a sudden an expert on this case and becoming the jury :)

They are taking a break from being experts on the history of Israel and Hamas, vaccines, asylum laws and the Ukranian war to share their expertise with you all. Be grateful for their knowledge

I’m not worried in the slightest. Pannick will have these clowns on toast.
If Pannick were in a regular court of aw, I’d be very, very comfortable and sure of our case. This panel could be little more than a self-serving charade where there is little / no recourse for appeal to an upper tier.

It will be interesting to see who / how Everton appeal their sanction.

On a more general note, how FFP has never been demolished as anti-competitive, baffles me.

Incidentally, Pannick is an Arsenal fan. Just sayin’ !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.