PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Did you check the one by the Dipper. Absolute belter. Works out who would win the PL title if we were docked 3 points over the last few season (nothing to do with the charges). Surprisingly it would have awarded the Dippers a few more titles. Cracking read.
I was amazed by it. Really coincidental that it was a Liverpool fan writing it and Liverpool would benefit the most from it! Who'd have thought?

This is exactly it for me and the one I personally will never forgive or forget. As fans we suffered for 35 years in the wilderness. We were mocked and taunted mercilessly by all and sundry. Other fans, two bit comedians, the press, even TV shows ( The ginger twat Chris Evans comes to mind.) Football wise we were humiliated by the likes of mighty Halifax and Shrewsbury as they knocked us out of the fa cup. Countless lower league sides too as we plummeted to the third tier of English football. Throughout all this we stayed loyal, proud and loud. All in the hope every fan has in their heart, that one day we would be challenging at the very top once more and maybe win a trophy or two.

Our dreams did indeed come true and surpassed even our wildest expectations. It should be the happiest time of our lives after living through the worst. Instead every step of the way we have been hampered, hindered, accused and villified. This has been relentless and from every quarter. The football authorities in Europe and domestically and the gutter press and sports channels. It's been non stop. As we clear our name in one court and relax, more accusations and charges pop up and we are dragged into another one. Enough is enough. It has to end and I hope it ends in our favour and in complete vindication. I then hope we go after every single one of the fuckers who've made it their life's mission over the last 15 years to ruin our reputation and integrity. No amnesty or mercy. I want every single one of the fuckers ruined, professionally and personally. I want them sleeping in a cardboard box in the street and I'll walk past and throw an old copy of KOTK down on them to read as they reflect on their vile persecution of our great club and fanbase. I pray that day comes soon.

Don‘t let others’ jealousy ruin your enjoyment mate.

People always seem to feel they need to find fault with anything or anyone that’s better than them, and the rags/scousers/cockneys are simply extensions of the personality of those who try to criticise one for being wealthy, having a beautiful, intelligent wife or being exceptionally talented at something. There’s always some **** with snide comments, but that doesn’t make me poor, my wife unattractive or, well two out of three ain’t bad! But what I’m saying is fuck the jealous bastards, they’re just bitter losers.

City are the greatest football team in the world - enjoy it!!

The thing is, absolutely nothing has changed in our case since February that anyone knows about.

The Everton thing has caused a huge pile on by the usual know nowts in the press and the dribbling morons who believe the shite they come up with. All drives clicks and generates £.

I’ve not read or seen anything approaching the detail or knowledge shown on this forum by anyone accusing us and saying that we’re guilty. From what I can gather, whenever challenged by PB etc they shit themselves and don’t offer anything other than a block. If they were that sure of themselves they wouldn’t be such shit bags.

I've learned so much the last 24 hours, that I've had to shift my views accordingly.

I've been stating that the PL have charged us without viewing our "irrefutable evidence", but I now believe I was mistaken.

My evolved view is that since all this started in 2018, the PL have leveled their accusations at City, & City have provided our defence evidence.

It also seems both parties differed on two substantive points.

1. The PL wanted full unrestricted access to our accounts & internal records, but City said no.

2. City wanted the process to be private & confidential, but the Law Courts disagreed & said the process was of public interest.

In respect to point one, City told the PL to be specific about their allegations & we'd provide the relevant defence evidence, as opposed to the PL going on a fishing trip & poring through all our confidential internal business records to see what they could find.

In respect to point two, fearing reputational damage, City wanted to keep the investigation process private & confidential & without leaks, as we experienced with UEFA. The courts disagreed.

I now believe the PL have gone through our evidence, but were caught flat footed by the Government's Independent Regulator for English Football (IREF) announcement in February 2023.

Panicked, the PL rushed out their judgement filled with administrative errors by citing the wrong PL rule book indeces, which they embarrassingly had to correct.

City denied any wrong doing & appealed the PL's ruling, so another three members from the PL's internal 6-person independent adjudication panel were selected to review the charges, evidence & defence again.

This is where I believe myself, & most of us have been mistaken. It took the PL FIVE YEARS to come to their rushed decision in February, so I feel expert onlookers have estimated the appeals process will take at least two years to complete, but could easily stretch to four years!

The reason no information about the appeal is being circulated by the PL or City is because the whole process is private & confidential, & when it's complete, the PL appeals panel will publish its verdict on the PL's website.

The time being taken now isn't because the PL have only just asked City for our evidence, which would take years to go through. I now firmly believe they've had our evidence all along, but because of the volume of PL charge evidence & City's defence evidence that the PL's appeal panel will have to wade through, it could take nearly as long again to review the tribunal bundles.

As always, if I'm wrong I'm more than happy to hold my hands up, & in this latest FFP case against City, I believe I've been calling this wrong.

This post now hopefully adjusts my considered view accordingly.

In Conclusion:

I doubt there's any fresh charges coming, or any new defence evidence being offered. Everything surrounding this hearing has already been submitted & adjudicated on.

The PL found us guilty on 115 charges & City have appealed their verdict. Another three members from the PL's 6-person appeals panel have been selected to review the case again, & this is estimated to take between two - four years.

The PL's appeal panel decision will be final & City can't appeal their verdict to the Law Courts, UNLESS it's to do with issues relating to the actual appeals process.

We know who the PL clubs are who're desperate to get City, which honestly doesn't bode well.

HOWEVER, before anyone starts stringing up a noose, don't forget IREF! This is the spanner in the works none of the old Sky 4, the Hateful Eight, or the PL were expecting.

I'm not holding out much hope the appeals panel will find any different to the PL's original 115 charges, BUT I believe IREF & ultimately the UK Law Courts will, just as CAS did.

It's game on folks & we're in a proper scrap with an organisation run by a cartel of legacy clubs who want us gone.

They tried to strangle us at birth, so their dominance could never be challenged by new money, so just like any progressive business would, City found LEGAL ways around UEFA & the PL's self serving FFP rules.

I believe this fight will come down to UK Sovereign Law vs the PL's Rules. This is why I believe IREF is our only & best way forward. )(
I respect your honest opinion but I honestly can't see how the PL could possibly have "found us guilty" of what is essentially false accounting and fraud over a ten year period. The scale of their allegations would take the FBI years to gather evidence on. They are accusing our owner and all our senior managers of criminality. For the allegations to be true our Management would have to have deceived hundreds of our partners, sponsors, and our own staff including Pep and the players. Silverlake would have invested millions on a new arena without doing due diligence and everyone who has audited our books would have to be totally incompetent.
I think you are underestimating how stupid Richard Masters is. He was fourth choice for the CEO role and has no relevant experience for the job. His background is sales and marketing and has a degree in economics and Geography with no significant financial experience at any part of his career before he beccame a puppet at the PL. That's why the Government (and the Opposition) are trying to get rid of him before he he destroys what is left of the UK's crumbling reputation. Football is one of our biggest industries.

This is what I don't understand. If you spend more than you are entitled to, you are supposedley gaining an unfair sporting advantage. I can't see the difference between this and spending over £600 million of the banks money. You are still gaining a sporting advantage by not spending your own money. It fucking stinks to high heaven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.