PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Clarification:

Manchester City Football Club have been Charged by the Premier League with 115 Breaches of their FFP rules.

They've selected 3 members from their internal 6 member panel made up of legal professionals to preside over the tribunal.

At this point, I'm now not sure whether City have submitted any evidence or not.

Once the PL's panel have conducted the tribunal, they'll publish their findings on the PL's website.

At this point, City can either accept in part, or in whole the panels verdict, & submit an appeal.

Now I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty well sure this is actually our situation. We've all been assuming they've found us guilty, BUT we've only been charged!

I believe the tribunal is ongoing, but because it's private & confidential, no updates are being released or leaked, as opposed to what happened with UEFA.

Now it's my hope that before the PL's panel get anywhere near a finding, that the Government's IREF comes into force.

The hope is IREF will not only be truly independent, it will also transform English football from being governed by the PL's private members club Rules, to being governed under UK Law.

Phew! I think this is where we actually stand as of today, but I'm happy to be corrected.
Get some sleep man! You'll feel better for it.

EDIT - Many of your posts over the last couple of days have helped a LOT with my understanding of what's going on, so please don't think I'm having a go, but it's time for deep breaths and relaxing now mate, there's a long way to go with this. Chill blue :)

Last edited:
Very unlikely.

There is nothing to take legal action on. The PL has charged us for possible breaches of their rules. There is no law against them doing that.

If there is a defamation case it will be with a media company, or person in the media. City will then have to show material damage from that story/stories. As we're reporting record revenue, profits, are on a possible 4 in a row PL win and are treble winners - I'd say that would be very difficult.

Some City fans who are thinking City will "burn them all down," after this is over are going to be disappointed.

City will fight it as best as they can, will hopefully win the case and that will be that.
Unless we lose and the repercussions are political and economical.

I really wonder about SM being called a cheat after Billions of investment in the UK and how that would sit with the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and the UAE.

I think they take this sort of thing extremely personally in their culture.

Clarification:

Manchester City Football Club have been Charged by the Premier League with 115 Breaches of their FFP rules.

They've selected 3 members from their internal 6 member panel made up of legal professionals to preside over the tribunal.

At this point, I'm now not sure whether City have submitted any evidence or not.

Once the PL's panel have conducted the tribunal, they'll publish their findings on the PL's website.

At this point, City can either accept in part, or in whole the panels verdict, & submit an appeal.

Now I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty well sure this is actually our situation. We've all been assuming they've found us guilty, BUT we've only been charged!

I believe the tribunal is ongoing, but because it's private & confidential, no updates are being released or leaked, as opposed to what happened with UEFA.

Now it's my hope that before the PL's panel get anywhere near a finding, that the Government's IREF comes into force.

The hope is IREF will not only be truly independent, it will also transform English football from being governed by the PL's private members club Rules, to being governed under UK Law.

Phew! I think this is where we actually stand as of today, but I'm happy to be corrected.

I get the feeling that your posting is some kind of therapy for you! Rather like certain soldiers I worked with, that when things got a little dramatic, started to babble absolute incessant crap! What you are experiencing is some kind of nervous shock, and as another poster suggested, you should get yourself of to bed for a lay down.

Harris showing his face on The Rest is Football

How depressing that the BBC Match of the Day team should ask the opinion of someone who has a track record of trolling football fans on social media and appears to have no significant knowledge of financial issues. Lineker damages his own reputation by getting involved in nonsense like this. UK football fans deserve better.

Whilst I hope and trust that City’s owners have irrefutable evidence to prove their innocence, the punishment for Everton is more harmful to the fans than the owners who should be ashamed of themselves. Any punishment for historical financial misdemeanours should be financial penalties for the owners, not the fans.
I know a Reading supporter and they say it feels like continually being kicked in the stomach when you're down.
Shit owner
No money to pay staff
Fined
Sell players to pay off the fine so weakened squad
Loose more games
Points deduction
Relegation.
Repeat the next season

I respect your honest opinion but I honestly can't see how the PL could possibly have "found us guilty" of what is essentially false accounting and fraud over a ten year period. The scale of their allegations would take the FBI years to gather evidence on. They are accusing our owner and all our senior managers of criminality. For the allegations to be true our Management would have to have deceived hundreds of our partners, sponsors, and our own staff including Pep and the players. Silverlake would have invested millions on a new arena without doing due diligence and everyone who has audited our books would have to be totally incompetent.
I think you are underestimating how stupid Richard Masters is. He was fourth choice for the CEO role and has no relevant experience for the job. His background is sales and marketing and has a degree in economics and Geography with no significant financial experience at any part of his career before he beccame a puppet at the PL. That's why the Government (and the Opposition) are trying to get rid of him before he he destroys what is left of the UK's crumbling reputation. Football is one of our biggest industries.
Also I imagine in an ideal world Masters would like to contact the likes of Liverpool and United and say right job done we're demoting them however many divisions .But they would want something clear cut not something like we're demoting them and city have made it clear to us that if we go ahead they are suing each of you for 5 billion because they have evidence you have driven this.Who knows maybe we also have knowledge of criminal wrongdoing by their owners we'd like to share.
Don't think they will want iunknowns like that.

Unless we lose and the repercussions are political and economical.

I really wonder about SM being called a cheat after Billions of investment in the UK and how that would sit with the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and the UAE.

I think they take this sort of thing extremely personally in their culture.

Yeah, I think rather than an immediate lawsuit they're likely to bide their time.

Here you go mate:

Yeah but mr Harab is probably one of sheik mansour’s brothers or sumfink, and he’ll have got the brown envelope innit becoz they’re all the same naawotamean, they’re all related to each uvver innit and the sheik of Saudi Qatar innit wotever is giving everyone brown envelopes or sumfink to shut them up innit or they’ll get killed innit coz city are obvs guilty and this proves it or sumfink innit.
See, it all makes sense when you know these things about them ayrabs they’re all th same innit.
gilty big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.