PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What is to stop clubs having another vote on Prem FFP?

I understand why Utd,Liverpool,Arsenal and to extent Chelsea voted in favour but why did any of the lesser clubs??

Crazy the likes of WHU,Everton and Newcastle voted in favour of FFP, chances of sustained success without a rich owner..practically zero

A rich investor would also have been more likely to invest in the smaller Prem clubs with no financial constraints in place.....The owners that voted for FFP devalued their clubs in the process

Use Blackburn as an example, would Jack Walker have even bothered trying if FFP was in place?

I think of a lot of the owners used it to protect themselves. By that I mean by using the guise of FFP it saved them spending their own money in investing in the club.
When Fans are screaming for new players and ground development they can hide behind we can not spend it because of FFP.
In a way a brilliant idea to protect the so called elite and those owners that hate spending their own Money. Liverpool owners being a classic example of that.

How does the PL know that without an investigation? The PL are going back to 2008 with City before FFP existed. No one has ever looked at United's books seriously. They are based in the Cayman Islands. They had image rights deals with all their major players, especially Pogba and Ronaldo (mentioned in Footyleaks as well). This is why the PL is not fit for purpose as a regulator.
David Gill signed them off

Manchester United benefitted from money invested by then Chairman, Louie Edwards, who made profit by selling condemned meat to schools. His son, Martin, received a police caution for a "peeping tom" incident in the Ladies toilet of a luxury hotel. And people want to have a go at Sheikh Mansour!

What is to stop clubs having another vote on Prem FFP?

I understand why Utd,Liverpool,Arsenal and to extent Chelsea voted in favour but why did any of the lesser clubs??

Crazy the likes of WHU,Everton and Newcastle voted in favour of FFP, chances of sustained success without a rich owner..practically zero

A rich investor would also have been more likely to invest in the smaller Prem clubs with no financial constraints in place.....The owners that voted for FFP devalued their clubs in the process

Use Blackburn as an example, would Jack Walker have even bothered trying if FFP was in place?
The daft thing is that FFP is no longer an issue for us these days and it can actually be argued that it's been good for us in the long run.

Im not sure why anyone thinks the club would ‘go nuclear’. They havent in the 15 years theyve been here , despite unimaginable shit thrown at us.

2 bit hacks who have said all sorts of shit still welcomes to press conferences and matches, stuffing their greedy faces with our free trough.
Owners of clubs cheerily welcomed through the doors, despite them signing letters to have us ‘done’.

It just isnt khaldoons style seemingly. As long as when all this is over we are totally cleared i wont care how khaldoon went about his business but sometimes i wish we would take a leaf out of the hard shoulder shitters book and just kick the cunts out
There are plenty of ways of skinning a cat, they have far more class and dignity than to throwing hissy fits but I wouldn't make an enemy of them

Spurs now under the spotlight, seems Pandora’s box has been well and truly opened …does anybody believe if Khaldoon and he Mansour thought they were fcuked they be ploughing more into the regeneration of the ground etc …, a few more going under the microscope as we speak .
It's madness..play the benny hill music

I’m sorry but UEFA charged us and then found us guilty and banned us….
All the time knowing they were doing this against their own time barring rules.
So the governing body chose to ignore their own rules and ‘try it on’
That is outrageous and for any other club serious questions would be asked of uefa
Add to that it was found for the other charges they didn’t actually have any credible evidence
It was a joke then and it’s a joke now
UEFA and their external lawyers clearly believed that they could uphold that there would not be any time barring, City and ultimately CAS believed time barring applied.

Such is the way it goes sometimes in ‘court’. I don’t have any love for UEFA, but I don’t believe for one second they just plowed ahead not believing they could uphold, not least because it would be a huge waste of money to proceed with something they knew would be overturned and their biggest love is the annual profit number.

What a pathetic story. I would think all 92 league clubs have done deals with dodgy agents and probably since football started in the Victorian era. If the PL want to go back to 2008 for things like this (or Mancini's payments) they will need to apply the rules to all clubs evenly, get thousands of new staff, and put J Edgar Hoover in charge.
Agree it is a something or nothing within the context of the historic big picture.

The amount of mileage generated by the mancini contract is insane. It's such a small story but now made out to be the crime of the century.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.