PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

One thing that the recent events of the last few days have shown is IF we are guilty we are going to get totally rodgered, and probably relegated.

People mentioning time barred with regards Spurs and us..
I thought under uk law it was 6 years, however for serious cases like fraud, it’s 6 years from the moment they found about said fraud.
Anyone know if that’s correct?
I read or heard that somewhere quite recently.

Yeah that was a big missed opportunity from a footballing and moral perspective. Sadly at the end of the day our boys are no different from all the others and pay homage to the same god.
Isn't it the case though we were invited at the 11th hour so there was an element of panic and were the first to scupper it.
Wish we hadn't gone in, with hindsight and all that.

Re Linekar and Harris.

Yes it’s the media, so let’s not get uptight and according to some the owners know what they are doing (which may be right).

Still it’s a crying shame that on this podcast there isn’t a regular who perhaps played for City and could put the City fans view to someone whose only interested in slagging us off.
Lineker calls us Manchester City, Harris calls us Man City.

Enough said.

If we’re innocent, have the evidence to prove it, but still get screwed over .. there is absolutely no doubt we’ll go nuclear

This is a multi billion pound asset built up over 15 years. Our owners, investors and lawyers ain’t gonna stand by and accept getting stitched up by tin pot amateurs like the PL
Eevry time I hear this phrase "go nuclear" I am reminded of a meeting I went to with my partner about 20 years ago. We were in a serious legal dispute with some guys who were trying to take control of the shares of our company. We were in this meeting with a solicitor at Eversheds, a serious big hitter, and were talking about something like if they decided to withdraw cash without our consent or similar.

Anyway my partner confidently stated "If they do that we'll throw the book at them" and this solictor just casually but pointedly asked "What book?". She had no response.

I think this "go nuclear" phrase is the same: baseless bluster. There is no "nuclear".

Gary is often fair and one of the least bias media personalities. A certain section of our fan base does get incredibly uptight and precious over criticism. I mean on the FFP front I personally think we did bend the rules at the start but then I don’t give a shit about ffp so I’m not too arsed about the morality question. And if we get fined or relegated so be it… we’ll be back.
Probably fair comment about Linekar. But I think we are getting a little more than criticism. We are seeing an attempt to ruin us.

But I could be worrying unnecessarily and this coverage doesn’t harm us.

It was done entirely for Mancini’s tax position. It made no difference to City as there was no ffp at the time and Mansour was funding us royally at the time. He could easily have covered an enormous salary for Mancini.
Ffp came in for the last year of that arrangement, iirc.
The charge appears simply to be that we did not report his salary correctly to the PL. Privity of contract might be the defence.
Yep - I've read the 50+ page PDF drop.
They issued a 2nd contract dated July 11 which was in the first year of FFP.
But all immaterial now anyway.

People mentioning time barred with regards Spurs and us..
I thought under uk law it was 6 years, however for serious cases like fraud, it’s 6 years from the moment they found about said fraud.
Anyone know if that’s correct?
I read or heard that somewhere quite recently.
I believe it's 6 years in corporate law, which is where we are at the moment.

I used to really like Gary Linekar but I really went off on him today:

Sad day that someone who's an idol of mine is swayed by an instant financial expert just add water on Twitter!

People will say it's all Ok and that Lineker is fine, it really isn't and he isn't.

Eevry time I hear this phrase "go nuclear" I am reminded of a meeting I went to with my partner about 20 years ago. We were in a serious legal dispute with some guys who were trying to take control of the shares of our company. We were in this meeting with a solicitor at Eversheds, a serious big hitter, and were talking about something like if they decided to withdraw cash without our consent or similar.

Anyway my partner confidently stated "If they do that we'll throw the book at them" and this solictor just casually but pointedly asked "What book?". She had no response.

I think this "go nuclear" phrase is the same: baseless bluster. There is no "nuclear".

There’s lots of hyperbole flying round which I agree doesn’t really reflect what happens during litigation in the real world.

However, some of the hyperbole has a root of truth in it. Obviously “going nuclear” isn’t a legal mechanism, but there absolutely are different tactics at client/legal rep disposal depending on the situation.

It will always be a balanced, considered approach based on facts / intended results, but if City got to the point where being ultra aggressive is the best course of action then they would absolutely do that.

But from my experience, aggressive approaches during initial litigation/dialogue don’t serve you too well when you actually get to the hearing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.