PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The New Revised Premier League Rules have just been released.
All Teams winning a game will receive 2 Points however Arsenal Liverpool and Man utd receive 5 pts for a win.
Any team beating Arsenal Liverpool and Man Utd will be deducted 5 point from the 2 points they get for a win.
That's fair enough.

but what they have accused us of is that Mancini was paid part of his City salary elsewhere ,which is false accounting. Whether it's true or not I have no idea

But if it’s been accounted for in another business that is not under the remit of the premier league then it’s not fraud. If Mancini received payment of £20m (for argument sake) and £10m was paid for by Man City and shows in their account and the rest is paid for by another business that is still controlled by our owner then that’s not fraud. It’s a ffp breach but it’s not fraud.

He (if the leaked documents are accurate) signed the contracts with us and Al Jazira on the same day. The email chains for it and invoices don’t look particularly great either, that’s the one I think will be hardest for us to explain.

Why would Mancini even be appealing as a pundit to Al Jazira if he wasn't City manager (I'm assuming that was what he was paid for)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.