PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I would try to not pay and take them to court because the charges lack any evidence (like city are). However, it does not mean I have never driven over the limit does it…

That’s my point in all this. Some people in here are making us to be saint like. I just don’t believe that. And to be honest I don’t care we aren’t saint like either.

Theres no evidence of wrong doing & yet once again we are going through this whilst we know there is evidence of wrong doing with others.

We must be saintlike….

Remember bending the rules or clever accounting is perfectly ok (Saint like)

My only worry on all of this issue is our reluctance NOT TO BE MORE PROACTIVE.

Why? Because the amount of abuse to discredit the club and owner is so excessive, unless we have something to hide.

WE have given so many far too much respect.

I've read so many comments from journalists, suggesting that City are all over them as soon as anything controversial or negative is written. But I don't think it's that simple.

The media are used to dealing with politicians and businesses complaining about what they write, and they've spent decades working out how to stay just the right side of the line. Quite rightly, they're also protected to some extent, because it's important that the press can uncover dodgy activity, and that means being able to publish even when there's legal pressure not to.

Just look at the Michelle Mone PPE scandal. That's a Tory scandal, involving hundreds of millions of pounds of Government money spent during Covid, the biggest crisis the country has faced in decades. The media continued to write about it, despite the many warning letters from lawyers, which contained point blank refusals that she or her husband had any involvement at all. Yet, finally the story has started to crack, and they've admitted involvement.

It's annoying for City fans, but there are far more important things going on in the world than our club's wranglings with the Premier League.

Naivete (for want of a better word) on our part from our owners in thinking that the other Premier League teams championed, welcomed and encouraged fair competition.

Maybe before we start puttibg lables on the owners, based on a series of tweet claims which lets face it have been waved about here for years with absolutely nothing ever coming out if it, perhaps wait and see if there is any truth to it or if it even appears anywhere else.

Won't stop them investigating it because we are being looked at from 2008
The PL can bring charges for as far back as they like, because their own rules do not contain provision for limitation, as the UEFA rules do. Clubs and lawyers defending cases can argue that The Limitation Act 1980 should apply, because PL rules come under English law, and this would take precedence over their own lack of a limitation rule.

I think ultimately, City will argue limitation should apply, and they may even use the PL's own reasoning that the Liverpool hacking case was too long ago to pursue. The commission will decide on whether or not limitation will apply in our case.

Last edited:
The hacking was concealed from being investigated but Liverpool who had major power in the Premier league and why we need an independent regulator
We should have gone to the police. It was a blatant criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

And it didn't stop with the settlement. They carried on spying on us for a few years. Tolmie knows this as well.

We should have gone to the police. It was a blatant criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

And it didn't stop with the settlement. They carried on spying on us for a few years. Tolmie knows this as well.

Merseyside police would’ve put their best and brightest on the case.

I would try to not pay and take them to court because the charges lack any evidence (like city are). However, it does not mean I have never driven over the limit does it…

That’s my point in all this. Some people in here are making us to be saint like. I just don’t believe that. And to be honest I don’t care we aren’t saint like either.

We are the most watched and scrutinised club in the world but nothing has been proven still.

I'd say that we have done nothing wrong.

We will have found and utilised loopholes, of that I'm sure, but if things are not against the rules then they are allowed. Blurring the lines a little might not be saintlike I guess, but doesn't mean wrongdoing.

You have to separate City's right to compensation vs Liverpool breaking of the PL rules and the PL refusing to follow up on it. Same with the Stanley Park conspiracy IMO. Not quite sure about the United FFP breach, since they have different rules/thresholds on allowable losses.

I think all of that shows how big a role the press plays in applying pressure on the organisers. The Stanely Park thing would have most certainly been met with outrage if that were City, just by the fact they attempted such an act of dishonesty. Even if being out of Europe does turn out to be a viable loophole, the press hate loopholes when it suits them, they switch to a conversation about morals and the spirit of the game.

They'd probably tell a story that: "City still broke the rules and gained advantages on clubs who were following them but somehow got rewarded with a free pass for failing to get their hands on a CL place. So what message does that send? It's okay to cheat if you fail your objectives? The rules aren't fit for purpose if that's the case, something must be done for the good of the sport"

I have a strong sense that nobody in the press wants Chelsea punished as harshly as City even if it turns out to be true and therefore every bit as serious. It's almost like they are giving it airtime because it will make them look bad/biased if they don't. Sort of like: "Have we covered this enough, can we move onto to the City part already?" .

If it can be shown that the PL have a pattern of letting their friends/masters off the hook, while they target specific clubs, that their friends want rid of. Would an independent regulator(government backed) be able to ignore it?

Last edited:

It still beggars belief that City would accept £1m and sign an NDA, if that’s truly what happened.

I know the club likes the ‘holistic’ approach, but surely there’s a limit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.