PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Everybody knows the PL charges against City are a tissue of mendacious absurdity - confected from lies by thieves.
Soon the cartel’s evil ways will find them out and the delectable smell of US hedges burning to the ground will fill the air.
Kinell I thought that was Stewart Hall for a moment. (No disrespect intended)

If the leaked docs are accurate, he signed a consultancy deal with Al Jazira the same day he signed the contract with us. It also then looks like we were settling the invoices and negotiating changes to that consultancy deal.

I recall talk of Mancini doing consultancy work for Mansour prior to his appointment as manager. It was part of the discussion about Hughes and possible successors. Mancini was mentioned in the context of his existing links and work for Mansour.

I have no idea if a new consultancy contract was signed or extended or whatever. I do know it was no secret that he was time barred from working as a manager and employed as a consultant and no one cared. For me, ‘Man has two jobs’, is not much of a scandal.

The smoking gun really does exist though, at least as far as the Defoe/Spurs case and the LFC hacking case are concerned. We'll still have the forensic results from the computer experts, the paper trail of the million quid plus whatever communications passed between the two clubs. The Defoe one will have similar paper work to scrutinise.

Possibly. Or possibly to the same extent as Uefa and the PL had the der spiegel emails as 'definitive proof'. We don't or can't know.

Or it could be seen as unauthorized access from one club employee to another club, to gain a sporting advantage. Yes City should have had tighter security in that case but you can just walk into your former place of work and steal things(if they did steal data and Liverpool knew/authorized it at any level) because they didn't change the pin number/take your key card. I seem to remember Spurs suspected the same thing happened to them(former employees who went to Liverpool).

Depends what you class as a Hack, many different ways including this that resulted in a jail sentance.

Fair enough.

The reports I have read, including claims here, were that an employee went there and used his old password that nobody at the City end bothered to change.

If that's true, it wasn't a 'hack' then. He maybe broke his contract clauses on conduct after leaving, and they exploited access that wasn't specifically granted, but does that really constitute a system breach?

If true at all, of course.

Which, if it is, is probably more likely why the club didn't pursue it much harder, rather than just being naively nice.
My understanding is that former employees who went to Liverpool used someone's password who was still working at City.

But it doesn't matter. Knowingly accessing a computer system you know you're not authorised to access is a criminal offence. No ifs, buts or maybes.

That's because much of our investigation is based around deceit and concealment to which the 6 year statute of limitation won't apply if this can be proved.

Spurs Defoe allegation and this Liverpool allegation (if true) going nowhere, well outside the SOL.
Surely illegal hacking and using that information for commercial gain is a very good example of deceit and concealment?

The Spurs/Defoe thing is more about why the FA or PL (whichever) knew about it but decided to do nothing given they punished another lesser club at the time for the same offence.

My understanding is that former employees who went to Liverpool used someone's password who was still working at City.

But it doesn't matter. Knowingly accessing a computer system you know you're not authorised to access is a criminal offence. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Correct! Literally sacked someone for the same thing about 18 months ago.

Comprised of three sections, the legislation states that it is illegal to:

• Access data stored on a computer without permission
  • Gain unauthorised access to data on a computer, with the intention of using that data to commit illegal activity
  • Make changes to any data stored on a computer without permission (eg. installing a virus/malware)

I think it would be very difficult to get the PL to revisit the hacking case, given that was settled between the clubs and is presumably time-barred anyway.
No such thing as time barred in football. At least that’s what the latest lot of experts keep telling us…..
And, don’t forget, ‘time barred‘ actually means GUILTY!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.