PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The reports I have read, including claims here, were that an employee went there and used his old password that nobody at the City end bothered to change.

If that's true, it wasn't a 'hack' then. He maybe broke his contract clauses on conduct after leaving, and they exploited access that wasn't specifically granted, but does that really constitute a system breach?

If true at all, of course.

Which, if it is, is probably more likely why the club didn't pursue it much harder, rather than just being naively nice.
It’s still illegal under The Computer Misuse Act 1990.

If all the club has to throw at Liverpool is the hacking affair that was settled 'out of court' between the two parties then everyone can forget about 'going nuclear' or 'shit storms' or whatever.

If we had any evidence of major wrongdoing by any rival club it would be out there already, either directly or via third parties. We have nothing of note.
£50m costs in a mythical new stadium?

They seem to get an easy ride on how they created a fake stadium in Stanley park putting £50 million on their balance sheet which they got their collars felt for financial fair play from Uefa.
I don’t think they were questioned over that, they broke European FFP but weren’t in Europe the following season so got away with it. The stadium ruse was a different issue (I think).

If city are bringing up that hacking story they’re starting to not pick and are getting desperate. I hope I’m wrong but it’s worrying times if true

Surely illegal hacking and using that information for commercial gain is a very good example of deceit and concealment?

The Spurs/Defoe thing is more about why the FA or PL (whichever) knew about it but decided to do nothing given they punished another lesser club at the time for the same offence.

I think you're misinterpreting what can surely be considered a devious act to what constitutes concealment though. Whilst if they've done what is reported they've done it's undoubtedly breached computer misuse legislation, they aren't alleged to have deliberately lied about their accounts to disguise something as actually being something else.

They may sound similar on the face of it but the two situations are not comparable imo.

I think it would be very difficult to get the PL to revisit the hacking case, given that was settled between the clubs and is presumably time-barred anyway.

It was settled between the clubs, but the PL has the right to investigate any breach of the PL rules and apply a sporting sanction so the PL, not City, would be making a complaint against Liverpool. And on the SOL, I am reasonably sure I read that the first time this case was mentioned in the press was 2018 (sound familiar?), so doesn't concealment come into play? So 6 years from 2018?

All this may be bullshit, of course. :)

Correct! Literally sacked someone for the same thing about 18 months ago.

Comprised of three sections, the legislation states that it is illegal to:

• Access data stored on a computer without permission
  • Gain unauthorised access to data on a computer, with the intention of using that data to commit illegal activity
  • Make changes to any data stored on a computer without permission (eg. installing a virus/malware)
Did they try and steal your bluemoon password?

I thought you had changed it from Tolmie1234 when he moved to Twitter? -:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.