PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Mancini had a consultancy role with Al Jazira FC prior to joining City, it was discussed on here at the time he was appointed (Dec. 2009). When he joined City he signed the new contract with Al Jazira FC that you referred to.

A couple of people have said this, but there is absolutely no evidence of it anywhere. Not a single web result for Mancini and Al Jazira exists until the Der Spiegel accusation.

Now the internet wasn’t as saturated in 2009-2019 as it is today, but if a major manager reported to be working for a club it would be online somewhere.

Think this whole fiasco is a smoke screen. City win the case then we go after the prem for reputations damage and we win and this destroys the whole house of cards allowing the red shit to form a breakaway league they planned for in the first place and city get blamed for it all. I’m on my 5th beer so please excuse me.

A couple of people have said this, but there is absolutely no evidence of it anywhere. Not a single web result for Mancini and Al Jazira exists until the Der Spiegel accusation.

Now the internet wasn’t as saturated in 2009-2019 as it is today, but if a major manager reported to be working for a club it would be online somewhere.

It could easily have been a method to keep Mancini warm in a consultancy role until Hughes was ditched and then get him into City. No reason for that to be publicised. Not everything has to be on the internet. We just don't have any context.

"The job is different from the consultancy agreement he struck with Al Jazira in Abu Dhabi in 2009 which, as the Football Leaks cache showed, paid him more, in basic salary, for a minimum of four days work a year than his simultaneous employment with Manchester City."

Edit: apologies, just realised it was Dec 2009 he joined us, I had it down as 2010.

It could easily have been a method to keep Mancini warm in a consultancy role until Hughes was ditched and then get him into City. No reason for that to be publicised. Not everything has to be on the internet. We just don't have any context.

Not everything has to be online but your entire argument for it being real was that someone posted it on the forum...

I simply don't believe that if this was true it didn't appear in any of the reporting about Mancini when he joined, or any of the reporting around the der spiegel leaks - Mancini already working for Al Jazira would be a major part of that story.

"The job is different from the consultancy agreement he struck with Al Jazira in Abu Dhabi in 2009 which, as the Football Leaks cache showed, paid him more, in basic salary, for a minimum of four days work a year than his simultaneous employment with Manchester City."

That's talking about the Dec 2009 Al Jazira contract he signed the same day as his City job.

@halfcenturyup is saying there was another Al Jazira contract predating the one signed in Dec 2009.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.