PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Prophet of Bollocks more like.
What’s bollocks ?

The minute the PL charged City was the moment we all knew they want us relegated. There is no soft option unless we win the case.

We have no allies in the media or from other supporters. The media are absolutely desperate for us to go down.

I’m confident we will prevail - but don’t think anybody wants to think about the catastrophic fall out if we don’t.

What’s bollocks ?

The minute the PL charged City was the moment we all knew they want us relegated. There is no soft option unless we win the case.

We have no allies in the media or from other supporters. The media are absolutely desperate for us to go down.

I’m confident we will prevail - but don’t think anybody wants to think about the catastrophic fall out if we don’t.

There's nothing to disagree with here. I'm still holding out some ridiculous feint hope that Pablo Peroni is onto something, but if something sounds too good to be true it usually is. So yeah, it's avoiding being found guilty of the most serious charges which is paramount to our future. The stuff about what we give to the league or what they'd miss out on is just unfounded arrogance imo, they'd love to punish us.

All this City won’t be relegated is absolute bollocks.

The Premier League have backed themselves into a huge corner where they have left no alternative.

Nobody will bat an eyelid if City and Chelsea go down - I would say almost all non City and Chelsea fans want them relegated - especially the media.

The PL will then be shared amongst LFC Utd and Arsenal just like it was always supposed to.

There is no ‘Super League Gun’ though. Do you not remember what happened when that was tried previously ?

The PL know the public and the Government won’t stand for a Super League so won’t be losing any sleep over it.

haha

Someone is massively confused...
You bizarrely seem to think if City are relegated they will disregard their supporters and in a strop flounce off to join a Super League.

Which Super League are they joining ?

One that is magically set up the following day for them to join ? Last time I looked there were only 2 teams left still flogging that dead horse.

And you seem to bizarrely think that the original architects from LFC and MUFC fresh from being guaranteed their original top 4 PL places back would want to also jump ship to collect a £250m fine to join a league with City who they have been desperate to see fucked off.

Absolute pie in the sky.

What’s bollocks ?

Best case scenario - we "prevail" and life goes on - albeit we will be getting dog's abuse about our "expensive" lawyers, conspiracy theories about behind the scenes dealings, etc etc for decades. There will never be the fair recognition of what we have achieved - which is astonishing and deserves admiration - not derision.
Worst case they go big on us - strip our achievements, relegate us, transfer and cup ban us etc.

As much as I'd like to see us 100% exonerated - a small part of me would like to see this mean the end of the Premier League and that would involve us being penalised beyond what we would tolerate. The fall out would be immense - Armageddon for the P/L and a turning point for football. Everton, Chelsea, Newcastle would, I believe, contemplate change along with us. Forming a new league with Rangers. PSG, Celtic invited might not be a bad thing longer term - Our main detractors would get what they want too - Nostalgic history games between themselves 3 or 4 times a year. Anyone not thinking others haven't been sounded out on a preliminary basis at least, are delusional. You think multi-billionaires want to be treated amateurishly by the restrictions on trade blazers at the FA and their bungling ineptitude, whilst watching as the likes of Saudi and China come on the football line.

I know many get very upset at the thought of a new league - look how many shat the bed last time, but sometimes it's a necessity.

Last edited:
You bizarrely seem to think if City are relegated they will disregard their supporters and in a strop flounce off to join a Super League.

Which Super League are they joining ?

One that is magically set up the following day for them to join ? Last time I looked there were only 2 teams left still flogging that dead horse.

And you seem to bizarrely think that the original architects from LFC and MUFC fresh from being guaranteed their original top 4 PL places back would want to also jump ship to collect a £250m fine to join a league with City who they have been desperate to see fucked off.

Absolute pie in the sky.
I think where lots of posters have misinterpreted your original post is that they think you were saying we will be relegated rather than we could easily be if found guilty of substantive charges.

That, unfortunately, is highly probable. The PL is throwing everything at this case and if they can land some or all of the most serious charges then any punishment will be draconian. All the points you make in your post are correct in my view. The PL won't collapse if we aren't in it and no rival club is fucking off to a Fantasy Super League. It's a huge win for our rivals if we are out of the equation.

All this City won’t be relegated is absolute bollocks.

The Premier League have backed themselves into a huge corner where they have left no alternative.

Nobody will bat an eyelid if City and Chelsea go down - I would say almost all non City and Chelsea fans want them relegated - especially the media.

The PL will then be shared amongst LFC Utd and Arsenal just like it was always supposed to.

There is no ‘Super League Gun’ though. Do you not remember what happened when that was tried previously ?

The PL know the public and the Government won’t stand for a Super League so won’t be losing any sleep over it.
If relegated as a result of a points deduction we go down to the EPL there is no mechanism to relegate a club It is also very dubious as to the punishment as there is no guidelines as to what the commission can apply, some will say anything but I somewhat doubt it would stand up in law.

There is a misconception of what the Super League is, well at least what the last proposal was. The proposal was for a replacement for the UCL to be managed by the clubs as they didnt want UEFA to be taking a sizeable chunk of the revenue There is an outstanding court case that will determine if UEFA have sole rights on a UCL type competition the SL clubs are arguing that as a governing body they don't have the rights to run a competition that raises revenue from sponsors and advertisers that are in competition with the clubs for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.