PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That’s fine, it’s all a game of opinions at the end of the day.

Ultimately though, the club say they have ‘irrefutable evidence’ that the charges are bollocks. To see this evidence is to kill the case stone dead, there is that little ambiguity.

That then only leaves two scenarios.

1. The club have this evidence, have decided under legal advice to not engage with the investigation (very likely to avoid falling foul of a fishing expedition) and accept non-compliance charges that will result in a hefty fine

2. The club have provided all of this evidence, the PL and some of the UKs top legal minds, people who pick and choose their cases, have seen this evidence and still plowed ahead in a case of such corporate negligence it makes Gerald Rayner look a visionary, and thrown in non-compliance charges for a laugh also.

My point was a simple one - a poster said if City are found not guilty of all charges they should ‘sue everyone’, but unless it’s a case of scenario 2 above, it’s simply not possible, and if it’s scenario 2 at the end of the day, the PL executives and KC’s who saw ‘irrefutable evidence’ and pushed on would have being sued way down their list of concerns.

Also fine, but whilst it would be absolutely hilarious if all the PL have is the UEFA case that they want to retry, it stretches extremely thin the concept of plausibility that some of the UKs top KCs would be willing to put their reputations and their chambers’ reputations on the line to try that case again, especially with the weightiest allegations having already been found unsubstantiated by CAS. These guys earn millions of pounds a year and pick and choose their cases, they’re not taking this case for money or because they’re secretly Arsenal/Liverpool/United fans.

In that scenario, any KC worth their salt would be advising the club to ‘take a pinch’ if it were offered as some of the Walter Mittys would have you believe the PL have been desperate for. It’s not just SM who can make decisions anymore either, there are important shareholders with a lot of money on the line, it would be negligence of the highest order to refuse a settlement if offered no matter how confident you are.

If in 18 months time the ruling comes out and it turns out the PL had nothing more than the UEFA case, ran with it anywhere and got torn apart at the tribunal, I’ll be on here celebrating with you, trying to avoid a double hernia from laughing so hard, but for the reasons above, I just don’t see any plausible scenario that the PL and KCs would be that reckless, even with the pressure other clubs and an incoming independent regulator no doubt put them under.
The PL have referred City to a commission, the PL retained KC will appoint a panel made up of, in Everton’s case 2 KC and a financial expert, the panel for City is likely to be similar. I don’t see how you think those appointed are putting
their reputations and their chambers’ reputations on the line
they will consider the evidence listen to witnesses and then come come to a verdict
The difference between CAS case is that UEFA have a limit on how far back a case can be looked at, PL don’t have this however, legal experts have offered their opinion that as PL is constitutioned under English law which does have a limit so it’s likely the KC will throw out a good numbers of charges

As I said in a previous post, I cannot see how City can have a fair hearing when every Tom, Dick and Harriet across the media has already pronounced us guilty and passed sentence.

There is a reason why, in proper trials before the King's courts, the media are not allowed to do this. Imagine being accused of (say) murder and every paper, every online source spent months saying how guilty you are and how you deserve 50 years inside. You would not stand a chance before a jury, which is why this sort of trial by media is illegal and called contempt of court. The judge would throw the case out of court if such a prejudice arose.

The process is a fucking disgrace.
That’s not really the case though. When I was a paperboy Cromwell Street and Fred West was all over the news for a year before the trial.

City will not be going after anybody. It's wishful thinking.

Anybody/media site that goes close or over the line for libel/slander will be spoken to by our media/legal department.

The club will defend itself to the best of it's ability with the best legal team and that will be that.
The hammer of the Gods will drive our ships to new leagues!

When they show the intro into Match of the Day at the end they show the Champions lifting the trophy , i timed it at less than two seconds , if that had been a red 'istree club it would be on for so much longer , the BBC cant even hide their hate for our club.
They can shove their licence where the sun doesnt shine , cant wait for another knobhead to come knocking on my door asking if i have a TV licence , the last one got so much abuse he was nearly crying , fuck 'em.
I’ve been dazed and confused for so long it’s not true!

The PL have referred City to a commission, the PL retained KC will appoint a panel made up of, in Everton’s case 2 KC and a financial expert, the panel for City is likely to be similar. I don’t see how you think those appointed are putting

they will consider the evidence listen to witnesses and then come come to a verdict
The difference between CAS case is that UEFA have a limit on how far back a case can be looked at, PL don’t have this however, legal experts have offered their opinion that as PL is constitutioned under English law which does have a limit so it’s likely the KC will throw out a good numbers of charges
How many more times?

We were offered a settlement by Ceferin before the UEFA case and we refused.
Not convinced we would take one this time either, whatever the legal advice. It feels like Khaldoon has dug his heels in.
“They will not pass.”
You keep making a basic error: it is not wise or even possible for City to lay down its evidence in advance of the PL formulating their case which it seems they have not yet done so. There is no such thing as an open and shut case.
Good times Bad times you know I’ve had my share. When my woman left home with another I still didn’t seem to care.

I believe we went to court to try and keep the charges out of the media and for everything to take place behind closed doors, only to be revealed after the case had been concluded.

Seems fair enough to me, just imagine a situation where were were charged with 115 breaches and it was just thrown out to the media without them having any understanding of the charges. Opposition fans, the media and red tops would have us guilty before the case had ever been heard :)
10 years gone, holding on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.