PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Selling oil at a convention designed to reduce it's use isn't a war crime but it isn't a great look.
Your surely not suggesting they ran the story purely because City have an association with the UAE?
Interesting the media keep harping on about UAE City and human rights. Check out how many "friends" appear above the UAE.

Interesting the media keep harping on about UAE City and human rights. Check out how many "friends" appear above the UAE.

The Telegraph is reporting that the government has issued a PIIN (Public Interest Intervention Notice) that will block the Redbird IMI backed buy back of the Telegraph by the Barclay family. This will trigger investigations by both Ofcom and the CMA to decide if it should be totally blocked or conditions be put in place before it is allowed.

The money for this buy back is almost exclusively coming from IMI, which is owned by Sheikh Mansour, and this is basically why they have done it. So a couple of days after Khaldoon was being courted by Jeremy Hunt for inward investment they are now effectively saying AD money isn't wanted for the Telegraph sale. The notion that the government will be leaning on the PL in support of our case looks a lot more like wishful thinking. They will pick and choose, so investment in Sizewell is deemed good but for other things it isn't wanted.

Reactions: Bez
We were offered a settlement by Ceferin before the UEFA case and we refused.
Not convinced we would take one this time either, whatever the legal advice. It feels like Khaldoon has dug his heels in.
“They will not pass.”
You keep making a basic error: it is not wise or even possible for City to lay down its evidence in advance of the PL formulating their case which it seems they have not yet done so. There is no such thing as an open and shut case.

This has become too personal and a direct affront to the UAE. I cannot see our owners taking any kind of deal.

Too many pages to catch up on. Talksport had this as it broke. With appeals it could be years until it’s resolved.

That bronzed **** Jordan smarmily saying we want it done now if we are so innocent. If I was within a foot of him the way he was saying it, I’d have shaved his locks off.

This has become too personal and a direct affront to the UAE. I cannot see our owners taking any kind of deal.
I’m not sure, but it will certainly emerge as an attack on AbuDhabi’s honour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.