PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I guess that’s aimed at me. I’m as big a city fan as the next person on this forum, 20 minutes don’t pass by without city on my mind. I have 100% belief in the owners and the board, but even on this thread you have people who are 100% confident, some are doubtful and some believe a stitch up is on the cards, so even on this forum there’s a level of confusion.

I’m not worried but all I’m trying to do is find out whether I should be.
You are not worried but you want to know if you should be worried? Sso you just want to gaslight ? what you are really saying is you want “proof”.

btw nice username but next time be little more creative ffs

I guess that’s aimed at me. I’m as big a city fan as the next person on this forum, 20 minutes don’t pass by without city on my mind. I have 100% belief in the owners and the board, but even on this thread you have people who are 100% confident, some are doubtful and some believe a stitch up is on the cards, so even on this forum there’s a level of confusion.

I’m not worried but all I’m trying to do is find out whether I should be.

I don't know who you are or what you are trying to get at but, if you are genuine, you must know from this thread that there are people who know what they are talking about and people who don't. Pay attention to the first group and ignore the ranting and venting. If you don't, you may as well listen to Talksport.

All the answers to your questions are in the replies in this thread from the right people if you spend the time to look at them.

The world has gone mad, We may or maybe not be found to be in breach of what? The owner investing to much money into his own Business
You are spot on.What an absolute pile of shite.Nothing to stop any owner putting thier money in,how long before Wrexham are charged oh wait no threat at the moment to the red shirts.There is no succesful business in the world that does not invest money into it to make it more succesful.

I think Abu Dhabi would need them to, the allegations are so serious that Sheikh Mansour can’t be seen to be endorsing or even responsible for it by keeping in place the people who presided over it.

Khaldoon might survive because he’s Khaldoon, but Soriano, Pearce would go IMO.
Most of the charges are pre Soriano so that would be harsh

Not sure that’s strictly true, tbh. As at CAS, I reckon we’d accept the non-cooperation charges if we were cleared of the more serious allegations. Not that we get to dictate these things, of course.
City went to the High Court to challenge the PL right to documents and lost so, I find it hard to understand how the PL can charge us as post the verdict the club said they would accept it and cooperate

Not sure that’s strictly true, tbh. As at CAS, I reckon we’d accept the non-cooperation charges if we were cleared of the more serious allegations. Not that we get to dictate these things, of course.
We couldn’t deny it, remember we refused to cooperate as UEFA chief investigator was leaking from a supposedly confidential investigation, we even went to CAS to get it thrown out before the appeal but, they wouldn’t consider it. CAS, in their judgement, said that they somewhat agreed with City’s position but, had to find them guilty. the €30 fine was reduced to €10, a fine that was due to the club’s considerable resources

The world has gone mad, We may or maybe not be found to be in breach of what? The owner investing to much money into his own Business
You are of course are absolutely correct and it's a position I often take with people that claim we are "cheats".
But we cannot use that as a defence. Having not challenged the premise of FFP at its inception we agreed to abide by it. We can't be a member of the premier league and arbitrary decide which rules we will and won't follow.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.