PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think Abu Dhabi would need them to, the allegations are so serious that Sheikh Mansour can’t be seen to be endorsing or even responsible for it by keeping in place the people who presided over it.

Khaldoon might survive because he’s Khaldoon, but Soriano, Pearce would go IMO.
You can’t say SM won’t endorse those responsible then say Khaldoon will be fine.

Pearce and Khaldoon have UAE status far bigger and much more
important than being involved in City.

City will never accept any judgement against us and Soriano ain’t gonna be a patsy when he knows where all the skeletons are buried.

Sacking any board members is accepting findings.

You can’t say SM won’t endorse those responsible then say Khaldoon will be fine.

Pearce and Khaldoon have UAE status far bigger and much more
important than being involved in City.

City will never accept any judgement against us and Soriano ain’t gonna be a patsy when he knows where all the skeletons are buried.

Sacking any board members is accepting findings.
We will not accept anything other than being found innocent of all charges.

Not sure that’s strictly true, tbh. As at CAS, I reckon we’d accept the non-cooperation charges if we were cleared of the more serious allegations. Not that we get to dictate these things, of course.
That’s a given, and why it was added.

Not sure that’s strictly true, tbh. As at CAS, I reckon we’d accept the non-cooperation charges if we were cleared of the more serious allegations. Not that we get to dictate these things, of course.
Probably what they’ll pin on us and what we won’t challenge.. just so they can say they’ve got us for something

Probably what they’ll pin on us and what we won’t challenge.. just so they can say they’ve got us for something
It’s quite possibly true as well, tbf. Not convinced that we have co-operated fully, although I understand why. Idiots like Carragher will take that as a sign of guilt, but he’s either being wilfully ignorant or is thick as shit.

It’s quite possibly true as well, tbf. Not convinced that we have co-operated fully, although I understand why. Idiots like Carragher will take that as a sign of guilt, but he’s either being wilfully ignorant or is thick as shit.

The club don't have to have cooperated fully. They only have to cooperate to the extent required by the PL rules, and the UK law on which they are based, in each of the years concerned.

Mansour himself is implicit in the allegations, so he’s never throwing Khaldoon under a bus as that would be an admission of guilt, and also underplays just how senior a figure Khaldoon is. Soriano could theoretically be a sacrificial lamb, I guess, but again it’d still be an admission of guilt.

As mentioned, I don’t think we will be found guilty, but even if we were then we will continue to protest our innocence and appeal the decision. We are privately owned, so the owners will be under no pressure to sack the board unless the fans turned on them en masse, which I don’t think will happen because most see this as a witch-hunt.

Word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.