PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

In case anyone missed it, the list of PL champions if City and Chelsea had not broken the cosy cartel, particularly love spuds missing out to Chelsea in 2017.
This is THE MOTIVATION behind the 115, forget all the bollocks about sports-washing and human rights etc...

2023 arse
2022 lpool
2021 manu
2020 lpool
2019 lpool
2018 manu
2017 spurs pmsl
2016 leicester
2015 arse
2014 lpool
2013 manu
2012 manu
2011 manu
2010 manu
2009 manu
2008 manu
2007 manu
2006 manu
2005 arse
2004 arse
2003 manu
2002 arse
2001 manu
2000 manu

You’re not telling me that in the negotiations for the record tv deal the prem didn’t talk about Pep, KDB or Haaland & their achievements.

& if I was bidding I’d be saying I fucking hope we don’t pay all this money only to lose them.

Per game cost of new PL deal:£6.2m.
Per game cost of old deal agreed in 2018:£8.5m.
Old value adjusted for inflation: £10.6m.
The bubble has burst.

The headline figure is bigger in the deal just announced but purely on the back of more live games.

Yes, City are one of the reasons why the deals have risen so much since 2012. Even Scudamore acknowledged it.

The problem for the PL is that the "value" of the package is likely to be contractually reduced in the absence of City and/or Chelsea.

The big 6 games attract the highest viewing figures.

If only United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs it means just 12 "big" games per season.

A normal Big 6 is 30 "big" games per seaon.

Some difference that...

The injection of money into the league from Chelsea and City has made the league much more competitive than the days of Liverpool and Man U domination. The EPL is easily the most interesting significant league.
We are a foundation block of the premier league, globally we are enormous now, generating over 700m in revenue , toss us out and any titles are meaningless.

In the real world of business we have done nothing wrong if Amazon , McDonalds , KFC or any big business wanted to invest another £1 billion to grow their business , who would stop them investing ? Answer , no one , there would be a possibilty of creating jobs and improving the infrastructure it would be welcomed.
But football is different , invest a billion , create a football the club the envy of the world , create jobs , bring the best players and manager to improve the business and as side effect improve the Premier league "brand" by bringing world superstars like Haaland into the UK.
And the reward , 115 charges , the threat of relegation and a media driving a crusade to destroy our club , even someone as stupid as Richard Master's cannot see any benefit of the Premier league relegating our club and removing the jewel in the crown of the league and losing some of the best players in the world.
100% agree with you but sadly we signed up for the rules of the PL and FFP.

But what I simply don't get is the media hatred to our charges, it's like we have committed some sort of football genocide, not simply invested in football, a business, a city and a country, creating a thieving international business at the very pinnacle.

The attitude towards us is bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.