PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think the CAS case proved the allegations alleged by Der Spiegel were untrue and their interpretation of the emails was inaccurate. The PL are obviously taking a different view to CAS ! although I think they are naively hanging their hat on the time barred elements from CAS… more in hope than anticipation.

Did either of the premier league or UEFA contact Der Spiegel as part of their investigation? It’s Der Spiegel who alleged City were breaking the rules so they’d be the first people I’d interview to see if they had conducted a hatchet job & have a look at their (primary) evidence.

I think the CAS case proved the allegations alleged by Der Spiegel were untrue and their interpretation of the emails was inaccurate. The PL are obviously taking a different view to CAS ! although I think they are naively hanging their hat on the time barred elements from CAS… more in hope than anticipation.

I think that is indeed what some sections of the media and many rival fans are hanging their hat on. I would doubt that's what the PL are hanging their hat on though.

The 'time barred' elements at cas were not suspected to be any more incriminating, given the were consistent with the rest of the evidence. Despite how it has since been spun as some technicality.

Did either of the premier league or UEFA contact Der Spiegel as part of their investigation? It’s Der Spiegel who alleged City were breaking the rules so they’d be the first people I’d interview to see if they had conducted a hatchet job & have a look at their (primary) evidence.

I guess it’s difficult to be sure but, the fact that UEFA showed up with little more than the photocopied Der Spiegel emails, points to the fact that they didn’t have further evidence. Given the volume of hacked and leaked documents I’m still intrigued to know who was orchestrating this attack on City… the red shirts in England? Bayern? It looks suspicious that we seem to be just about the only club negatively impacted by the ‘footyleaks’ scandal.

I think that is indeed what some sections of the media and many rival fans are hanging their hat on. I would doubt that's what the PL are hanging their hat on though.

The 'time barred' elements at cas were not suspected to be any more incriminating, given the were consistent with the rest of the evidence. Despite how it has since been spun as some technicality.

Gill was happy to hang his hat on the Der Spiegel emails at CAS which on reflection looks utterly stupid but, I now suspect UEFA knew all along they would lose, but it was all about smearing us. Is this case really any different? 115 charges, no evidence, 4 year investigation - whatever the outcome in the court of public opinion we will always be guilty and there will be something shady hanging over our achievements.

I guess it’s difficult to be sure but, the fact that UEFA showed up with little more than the photocopied Der Spiegel emails, points to the fact that they didn’t have further evidence. Given the volume of hacked and leaked documents I’m still intrigued to know who was orchestrating this attack on City… the red shirts in England? Bayern? It looks suspicious that we seem to be just about the only club negatively impacted by the ‘footyleaks’ scandal.

You’ve asked the sort of questions that an independent investigation would ask.

That won’t happen. It doesn’t work that way. If City get a favourable outcome everyone goes home.
Unless there is proof that this was a planned and co-ordinated attack on City's reputation. E.g. emails, audio, witnesses etc...which is unlikely to happen I am guessing.

Gill was happy to hang his hat on the Der Spiegel emails at CAS which on reflection looks utterly stupid but, I now suspect UEFA knew all along they would lose, but it was all about smearing us. Is this case really any different? 115 charges, no evidence, 4 year investigation - whatever the outcome in the court of public opinion we will always be guilty and there will be something shady hanging over our achievements.
So it seems us being guilty
has become a fact of life rather than a problem so why waste worry on it?
Let them continue finding ways to smear us and City and it's owners and sponsors will continue to dominate.

Do we really prefer the PL, UEFA and the media to be fair to our achievements? Would we prefer the decades that us older fans suffered before Sheikh M where we were at best patronized?

This is about CFG taking their money so long may it last.

Don't disagree about the court of public opinion, or the smearing.

Disagree that Uefa knew all along they would lose. They publicly claimed they were pretty damn confident in their case, experienced lawyers were adamant too, and one fuckface still is and still goes on about it.

edit, and it is just not true that it was just the hacked emails examined and evidenced, as has been documented and published in the lengthy cas verdict.

Hopefully, the PL will prove to be as wrong as Uefa were, whatever their level of confidence in their charges.

Don't disagree about the court of public opinion, or the smearing.

Disagree that Uefa knew all along they would lose. They publicly claimed they were pretty damn confident in their case, experienced lawyers were adamant too, and one fuckface still is and still goes on about it.

edit, and it is just not true that it was just the hacked emails examined and evidenced, as has been documented and published in the lengthy cas verdict.

Hopefully, the PL will prove to be as wrong as Uefa were, whatever their level of confidence in their charges.

If they’d have conducted an independent investigation then they would have been aware their case was flimsy. Lobbyists & rival club execs don’t make the best investigators.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.