PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Pretty much the biggest part of my point.

That does NOT equate to me thinking that the charges themselves do have or must have substance. It just means I believe the PL must, to some extent at least, think that. For this to be where it is.

Tbh I'm kinda with you on this. I think we'll be fine and I trust the powers that be at our club, But do I think the PL have come after us with not one ounce of evidence and purely to try an ruin our reputation, all because the cartel clubs have instructed them to do so. Nope.

I have always maintained CAS took about 15 minutes after starting the hearing to clear us. (Take no notice of the 2-1 majority, the 1 was UEFAs paid member of the commitee).
The more it goes on and City present the third party info to the panel I get the feeling that the panel will not even go to a hearing. The pressure on them to deliver a guilty verdict after reading all City's comprehensive evidence will be enormous and the repercussions even more so if they come back with a guilty verdict without being able to show why. But then I've followed City that long I worry about Huddersfield this weekend;-)
CAS panels are set up from a pool of KCs CAS nominate the chair and each party nominate from the pool, so not a UEFA paid member as such
The PL commission is different PL have a retained KC, a lot has been made that he is an Arsenal fan and it's been said that City have objected to his involvement. He is asked to set up a panel of three, he may or may not sit, on the Everton panel were two KCs and a sports financial expert. The hearing you refer to will only properly extend to the panel and City's legal team interviewing witnesses based on the submissions made by both parties. It will likely take a long time, unlike a trial, the witnesses can be compelled to attend nor, will it open one day and continue day after day until it ends

Tbh I'm kinda with you on this. I think we'll be fine and I trust the powers that be at our club, But do I think the PL have come after us with not one ounce of evidence and purely to try an ruin our reputation, all because the cartel clubs have instructed them to do so. Nope.

No they’ve come at us with a story in a tabloid newspaper that has already been found to have doctored emails.

No they’ve come at us with a story in a tabloid newspaper that has already been found to have doctored emails.

But surely there must be some evidence. I keep reading they haven't got anything, zero, fuckall. Surely the Kings Council would even say "Are you taking the piss"

CAS panels are set up from a pool of KCs CAS nominate the chair and each party nominate from the pool, so not a UEFA paid member as such
The PL commission is different PL have a retained KC, a lot has been made that he is an Arsenal fan and it's been said that City have objected to his involvement. He is asked to set up a panel of three, he may or may not sit, on the Everton panel were two KCs and a sports financial expert. The hearing you refer to will only properly extend to the panel and City's legal team interviewing witnesses based on the submissions made by both parties. It will likely take a long time, unlike a trial, the witnesses can be compelled to attend nor, will it open one day and continue day after day until it ends
Thanks for the reply and the way the panel will operate. Maybe with UEFAs choice at CAS I should have said someone who has worked for them before as that is what I thought I had read. Either way he was their choice and unlikely to go against them and I find it bewildering that the panel could comment no evidence or suchlike so many times and he still thought City were guilty. As they say anything can happen at a trial so maybe panels are similar;-)
If the evidence the PL have is as flimsy as UEFAs and Citys third party evidence is comprehensively overwhelming, the question is, what are they going to discuss for any length of time once they have seen the evidence.
But who knows, maybe they will roll their trousers up to their knees, display a garter or two bang a staff on the floor and demote City to regional football or string Masters and his bedfellows from the rafters.
Just waiting for this thread to reach 10,000 pages will be interesting;-)

Last edited:
But surely there must be some evidence. I keep reading they haven't got anything, zero, fuckall. Surely the Kings Council would even say "Are you taking the piss"
its not the kings council , thats the point its an independent panel set up so they have to take into account whats presented no matter how derisory it is.

This is why i dont believe that their evidence amounts to anything because if they had actual evidence of what we are being accused of then this would be a criminal investigation which also involved the face not an independent panel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.