PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Correct and why one of the PSR rules should be if an owner covers the losses they can spend what they want

I’d agree but only if they put the money they owe in contracts into escrow. Can’t have people coming in, buying loads of players, running out of money and killing the club.

In the NFL and I presume the other big American sports, this is what happens with contracts. So when the Browns gave their rapist QB a $230m guaranteed contract, their owner had to plonk all that money into an account that can’t be touched other than to pay out the contract.

I’d agree but only if they put the money they owe in contracts into escrow. Can’t have people coming in, buying loads of players, running out of money and killing the club.
This is EXACTLY what City suggested, plus new owners being allowed an defined period of owner investment to enable them to challenge, & we got fucked off.

HOWEVER, as soon as the two Milan clubs faced difficulties selling up because of FFP restrictions, the rules were quickly changed by UEFA/G14 to allow unrelated new owners, three seasons of unlimited owner investment to get their new clubs up & running.

This is EXACTLY what City suggested, but we were told in no uncertain terms to fuck off.

This is EXACTLY what City suggested, plus new owners being allowed an defined period of owner investment to enable them to challenge, & we got fucked off.

HOWEVER, as soon as the two Milan clubs faced difficulties selling up because of FFP restrictions, the rules were quickly changed by UEFA/G14 to allow unrelated new owners, three seasons of unlimited owner investment to get their new clubs up & running.

This is EXACTLY what City suggested, but we were told in no uncertain terms to fuck off.
Is this how Chelsea's new owners have been able to spend loads?

Is this how Chelsea's new owners have been able to spend loads?
They were allowed to write off £2bn in the form of soft loans’ - ie they were never ever intended to or going to be paid back - due to Russia’s war crime invasion of Ukraine, and the fact that Abramovich is a Putin bagman
Amazing that this ‘disguised owner investment’ - ie exactly what City were charged with by UEFA - is apparently ok within the rules

They most probably gambled the good sheikh would've sold up and moved on by this point and so scarring off other investors
That’s a good point.

Personally, I genuinely hope FFP not only stays in place, but is made significantly more stringent.
It now benefits us more than any other club so the rest of English football can fuck the fuck off and have lots of fun watching us destroy their precious game season after season whilst they all cut each others throats arguing over points deductions.

They knowingly sowed the seeds. Now we get to watch them reap the whirlwind.

And it’s glorious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.