PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They do like their executions though don’t they.
172 in 2023.
Yup, most executions are in line with Sharia law, but a majority are now the old men with beards who're against economic, social & religious reforms.

These religious fundamentalists would rather Saudi Arabia return to being a desert, where the main mode of transport was by camel or donkey, if it meant keeping strict Sharia Law in place.

MBS is around 38 years old, & his views reflect those of the younger generation who want change & modernisation.

MBS is doing a balancing act. He knows the young are the future, but the elderly clerics still control the religious morality ideals in their mosques.

The old men with beards are struggling to radicalise the younger Saudi generation who're behind MBS, which has enraged Iran, hence the hatred & grief between the two Arab superpowers.

However, mess with MBS's reforms & future plans for Saudi at your personal peril as journalist Kashoggi found out to his cost. The West were reluctant to take action for MBS grinding him up into dog meat, because sanctioning Saudi Arabia would destabilise the global oil markets, so in turn the global economy.

The result? When they involved themselves in global sports as a way of introducing change, they're accused of sportswashing.

About 3 years ago, Abu Dhabi quietly legalised alcohol in certain hotels, bars & restaurants in their new resorts.

The UAE were the first to recognise the need to modernise in order to attract inward Western investment as a way of diverging their oil based economy.

What you've seen unfolding in Qatar & Saudi is them playing catch up before their oil revenues dry up. They won't allow the old men with beards to affect the long-term futures of their countries, albeit they'll modernise in a way which suits their culture.

:) I know what you are getting at, but it's a principle thing really. isn't it? Why should clubs who have operated within FFP, allow clubs who haven't to change the rules to suit them? I would tell them to fuck off, as well.
thing is you could make the assumption that they still wont vote it out, its a perfect excuse for owners not to put their hands in their pockets, if you've got it and dont have to spend it and then you can blame it on someone else thats the perfect storm for the yank owners

Yup, most executions are in line with Sharia law, but a majority are now the old men with beards who're against economic, social & religious reforms.

These religious fundamentalists would rather Saudi Arabia return to being a desert, where the main mode of transport was by camel or donkey, if it meant keeping strict Sharia Law in place.

MBS is around 38 years old, & his views reflect those of the younger generation who want change & modernisation.

MBS is doing a balancing act. He knows the young are the future, but the elderly clerics still control the religious morality ideals in their mosques.

The old men with beards are struggling to radicalise the younger Saudi generation who're behind MBS, which has enraged Iran, hence the hatred & grief between the two Arab superpowers.

However, mess with MBS's reforms & future plans for Saudi at your personal peril as journalist Kashoggi found out to his cost. The West were reluctant to take action for MBS grinding him up into dog meat, because sanctioning Saudi Arabia would destabilise the global oil markets, so in turn the global economy.

The result? When they involved themselves in global sports as a way of introducing change, they're accused of sportswashing.

About 3 years ago, Abu Dhabi quietly legalised alcohol in certain hotels, bars & restaurants in their new resorts.

The UAE were the first to recognise the need to modernise in order to attract inward Western investment as a way of diverging their oil based economy.

What you've seen unfolding in Qatar & Saudi is them playing catch up before their oil revenues dry up. They won't allow the old men with beards to affect the long-term futures of their countries, albeit they'll modernise in a way which suits their culture.

The UAE are modernising to attract inward investment from the west?

The changes happening in the middle east are encouraging, no doubt. They are waking up to the realisation the oil train is gonna stop in 20 to 30 years, and not utilising the effort and potential skills of 50% of their population is gonna hurt them.
With regard to footy, their league is unsustainable, not because of a lack of investment, but a lack of interest globally, even locally.
What I would say is the rulers there will throw cash at this project up until they are awarded the world Cup. Then they will temper the investment to a manageable loss level.
If the middle east can set up a league for those arab states to play in, that could go some way to becoming a success. A bit like the once floated Atlantic League for small European countries. Let's see.
Personally, I'm not bothered if Saudi get the world Cup. I hope it brings about a more tolerant relationship between their rulers, their people, the region, and the world in general.
As I get older, I hope more than I used to :/

I'm not sure you can make that statement without knowing what their actual intentions are. One World Cup isn't enough and the top 3 Saudi clubs all averaged over 30,000 last season.

The Saudis have disrupted golf, and have grabbed all the major boxing events. They're a major player in both those markets now.

I suspect they will want to host major football matches in big tournaments on a regular basis. That would fit with what they have done with golf and boxing.

The FIFA World Cup and FIFA Club World Cup are to be every 4 years, but Infantino wants to run them both every two years, so FIFA have a major tournament every year. That's a nice suite of tournaments if they could bag them all to be played in Saudi Arabia permanently?

I suapect the Saudi domestic league is some sort of stepping stone in that direction. The USA only got the 1994 World Cup because they promised to launch and develop the MLS.

Then there is the purchase of Newcastle. I can't help but think that is not connected and they have a world shattering plan in place.

Whether any of us like it or not, in the next 5-10 football is going to completely change, the FFP nonsense is one thing, the ESL judgement, FIFA changes, UCL changes and now we have the Saudis as well wanting in on the act?

I'm not sure you can make that statement without knowing what their actual intentions are. One World Cup isn't enough and the top 3 Saudi clubs all averaged over 30,000 last season.

The Saudis have disrupted golf, and have grabbed all the major boxing events. They're a major player in both those markets now.

I suspect they will want to host major football matches in big tournaments on a regular basis. That would fit with what they have done with golf and boxing.

The FIFA World Cup and FIFA Club World Cup are to be every 4 years, but Infantino wants to run them both every two years, so FIFA have a major tournament every year. That's a nice suite of tournaments if they could bag them all to be played in Saudi Arabia permanently?

I suapect the Saudi domestic league is some sort of stepping stone in that direction. The USA only got the 1994 World Cup because they promised to launch and develop the MLS.

Then there is the purchase of Newcastle. I can't help but think that is not connected and they have a world shattering plan in place.

Whether any of us like it or not, in the next 5-10 football is going to completely change, the FFP nonsense is one thing, the ESL judgement, FIFA changes, UCL changes and now we have the Saudis as well wanting in on the act?
The important part is that football, unlike golf and boxing is, at heart, a domestic competition. They are, by name, anchored to a location.
The world cups will not be stationary. The customer base will not allow it. Nor will international governments, no matter the money Saudi offer.
It is clear there is a power struggle going on in the sport right now, and how that pans out will determine the path for the next 30 years. We will wait and see on that.
But to have a 'Masters Golf' situation whereby one country keeps a prestigious competition indefinitely is a Saudi pipe dream.

So they are investing outwards into the west and Asia.
Yup, hence when the PL started to fuck around with City which threatened a £20bn investment into a desperate post-Brexit Britain, the Tories acted to secure part of the investment & a month later the announced IREF to regulate PL football. Coincidence?

Big money talks.

Screenshot_20240114_174538_Chrome.jpg

The UK expects to raise tens of billions of pounds of investment from the United Arab Emirates as it resets its business relationship after last year’s political chaos in Westminster.

Grant Shapps, secretary of state for business, energy and industrial strategy, said on Friday that “political changes” in the UK, which resulted in the country having three prime ministers in a year, had potentially slowed the pace of inward investment from the Gulf state.

During meetings with government official and sovereign funds, Shapps said that UAE investors were focused on going beyond the £6.1bn of investment already made through the five-year £10bn UAE-UK partnership, which was sealed in 2021.

“They [UAE investors] are absolutely certain that they would go to £10bn and beyond,” he said, while the remaining £4bn of inward commitments would be “met and smashed through”.

“There are tens of billions of pounds more of investment which we know is there,” Shapps said. “Things went on hold a bit over the summer and into the autumn but they [UAE investors] were pleased to hear it’s settled down.”

https://www.ft.com/content/04dd14bf-66c3-434c-b21e-505d222a5d68

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.