PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Cock up or conspiracy, it got the job done.

Yes, that was my point really. UEFA was determined to get City on FFP in 2014 even if it meant changing their rules at the last minute. My question was why would they want to do that? And I think the answer is concern over City opening up a "tap" of Abu Dhabi sponsorships, and making up the shortfall with two very convenient intangible asset sales. Both of which were addressed in the settlement, and both which could be described as accelerating income to which, maybe, Harris is referring. None of which is illegal or "fraudulent", by the way. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, I was just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. The ****.

One thing that seems to have gone completely under the radar is that half ay through the January transfer window i believe there have only been 2 sales, everything else has been loan deals or free transfers. I read that there was less than £50 million of sales so far.
Clubs are not able to spend and this will have a huge impact lower down the leagues, there are clubs who rely on sales of players in order to survive/

You can see a situation where these rules brought in to protect clubs actually send some to the wall.

I'm not sure what you mean here. They investigated, and accused us of 115 infractions of PL rules. The whole matter is now being adjudicated by a commission. If the commission finds us guilty of some of the alleged offences, isn't that the time for the evidence to be passed on for additional criminal investigations?
Swap what we've been 'accused' of for murder. Before any accusations or hearings, there must be a period of discovery to determine whether they believe we've a case to answer.

If what we're accused of amounts to us committing an actual crime, they should be alerting the authorities, not holding a hearing to determine our guilt, as per their rules before doing so.

This is where PL Rules meet UK Law. They're not one & the same.

One thing that seems to have gone completely under the radar is that half ay through the January transfer window i believe there have only been 2 sales, everything else has been loan deals or free transfers. I read that there was less than £50 million of sales so far.
Clubs are not able to spend and this will have a huge impact lower down the leagues, there are clubs who rely on sales of players in order to survive/

You can see a situation where these rules brought in to protect clubs actually send some to the wall.

Excellent point. I didn't want to like the comment because there isnt much to like in what you say, but I accept your point completely. What a shit-show.

exactly this, there's also the opposite assumption that also benefits us. ie if it's not fraud then has to be a limitation of 6 years by UK law. It's either one or the other and you can't have both. Since no police investigation is happening then that implies limitation has to be applied and anything before the 2012 season can't be charged
For anything tried in the Crown Court, there's no limitations. For magistrates & civil it's 6 years, for certain offences. For minor infractions, it's 6 months.

These trumped up, sensationalised bullshit accusations need consigning to the trash, if they don't meet the threshold to be tried criminally. It's time for the PL to put up or shut up.

Another left field option would be for City to call in the police, HMRC & SFO, alert them to the criminal fraud we're essentially being accused of & invite them to investigate, pending a defamation lawsuit. This move alone would chop the PL off at the knees.

Just imagine the headlines:

"At their own request, City cleared by the Police, HMRC, SFO & FCA of any criminal activity"

In the eyes of the sensible public, the PL's investigation into us would deflate quicker than a popped balloon.

This alone would expose the difference between their bullshit FFP/PSR designed to cripple our ability to compete with their paymasters, & the real world reality of us merely trying to sustainably grow our business.

Last edited:

It is a very good point.

I hope they can keep their best players and therefore get a few more fans in through the gates. It might work. Maybe. I should put the straw down now perhaps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.