PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Can anyone tell me the difference between profit and sustainability and FFP or does it all come under the same umbrella?

Exactly. There’s no smoking gun on City’s side regarding the 2014 settlement agreement. And loads of clubs entered into similar settlement agreements at the time and have done since (funnily enough, I don’t see Harris going after any of them and calling them cheats).

Harris is re-hashing a decade old story and sensationalising it because he knows all his brain dead followers who suck his cock and hang on his every word will fall for it.
Has Harris actually concentrated on any other issues since we were charged last Feb, or is his mind just spinning with pure bitterness and hatred of all things City. You can imagine the **** saying 115 in his sleep every night, the sad bastard

Because the club didn't provide the PL with the external evidence which would have countered their allegations (for understandable reasons). So they had no option but to refer the allegations to the IC?
I think the club rightly believed that the pl were acting in bad faith, even if we had provided the relevant documentation to the pl i think they still would have gone ahead with it and it would have been commercially damaging for us, the problem as you have seen with the newcastle emails etc is that these people are very serious businessman with alot of wealth and clout to throw around and they dont take kindly to being strong armed by a bunch of with the best will in world, chancers.

I think you have seen it in all types of business and not just football that people think the money coming from the middle east is just oil money being thrown about by whacky sultans and princes with too much money and no sense and at every turn they have been proven to be woefully wrong, this will be the same, as has been stated here many times, every single thing that they have levelled at us from the day mansour bought us has been proven to be wrong, this will be the same.

Which begs the question, why conclude that 4 year investigation, with charging us with over 115 items. That was the time for the PL not to wedge themselves between a rock and a hard place, but in they squeezed.

And round and round we now go.

A combination of huge pressure from certain clubs and the looming independent investigative body that was threatening the PL. It was a statement to say they could deal with matters themselves, the timing being the most fucking obvious admittance of that.

I'm pleased to see the growing discussion around P&L rules and how it only benefits certain clubs. At the moment there's still the generalisation that City just ignored the rules and now teams can't, but the more traction behind that conversation the more likely we'll get someone to repeat what Martin Samuel said many moons ago regarding the FFP rules and what the true agenda behind it was.

Has Harris actually concentrated on any other issues since we were charged last Feb, or is his mind just spinning with pure bitterness and hatred of all things City. You can imagine the **** saying 115 in his sleep every night, the sad bastard

It does seem as if he got some information from people at the club about "accelerating" what he calls "investment" but what I think was accelerating income to meet FFP when it started in the early 2010s (there was no point accelerating investment because that wouldn't have made any difference to FFP). There is nothing wrong with accelerating income as long as it is done properly, in fact the Board would have been negligent if they hadn't taken all allowable steps to meet FFP. Where he is going wrong is letting this misunderstanding consume him to the extent he can't see reality any more when it comes to City.

A bit sad, really. But still a **** who needs to reorganise his priorities in life.

I think the club rightly believed that the pl were acting in bad faith, even if we had provided the relevant documentation to the pl i think they still would have gone ahead with it and it would have been commercially damaging for us, the problem as you have seen with the newcastle emails etc is that these people are very serious businessman with alot of wealth and clout to throw around and they dont take kindly to being strong armed by a bunch of with the best will in world, chancers.

I think you have seen it in all types of business and not just football that people think the money coming from the middle east is just oil money being thrown about by whacky sultans and princes with too much money and no sense and at every turn they have been proven to be woefully wrong, this will be the same, as has been stated here many times, every single thing that they have levelled at us from the day mansour bought us has been proven to be wrong, this will be the same.

I'm not sure the club thinks the PL were acting in bad faith, but I am absolutely sure they are experienced enough in investigations to know that you never give more information than the investigator is allowed to ask for. If you do, you are opening the door for them to investigate it and ask for more. I am guessing the PL thought they could ask for more than the club thought they could. External information, primarily.

It does seem as if he got some information from people at the club about "accelerating" what he calls "investment" but what I think was accelerating income to meet FFP when it started in the early 2010s (there was no point accelerating investment because that wouldn't have made any difference to FFP). There is nothing wrong with accelerating income as long as it is done properly, in fact the Board would have been negligent if they hadn't taken all allowable steps to meet FFP. Where he is going wrong is letting this misunderstanding consume him to the extent he can't see reality any more when it comes to City.

A bit sad, really. But still a **** who needs to reorganise his priorities in life.

I did think much the same - I thought the club had openly said that they had accelerated spending initially; it's also known that this in turn led to the first breach/settlement, and also the huge deficits in the accounts at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.