PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So are we charged with FFP or just lots if non co operation and not cutting the grass

The allegations are, amongst other things, that the club provided accounts that were wrong. The accounts that were allegedly wrong passed FFP, but the PL's case is that, if the accounts had been corrected for the alleged errors, then the club would have failed FFP. Hence the alleged breaches for not complying with FFP.

I think :)

I'm not sure the club thinks the PL were acting in bad faith, but I am absolutely sure they are experienced enough in investigations to know that you never give more information than the investigator is allowed to ask for. If you do, you are opening the door for them to investigate it and ask for more. I am guessing the PL thought they could ask for more than the club thought they could. External information, primarily.

I think this is also right. Someone, maybe PB, said that the PL regs say they can ask for everything (relevant or not) and that the club probably contested this.

There is no point City taking action against Harris because: it would cost us money; he would get the sympathy vote; and we could actually send him over the edge. Any legal action should be confined to the big Media organisations who have deep pockets and are worth suing. The BBC, the Daily Mail, and the Guardian, would be a good starting point. We have got bigger fish to fry.
Bigger fish to fry?...About time we went after Macari's chippy?

The allegations are, amongst other things, that the club provided accounts that were wrong. The accounts that were allegedly wrong passed FFP, but the PL's case is that, if the accounts had been corrected for the alleged errors, then the club would have failed FFP. Hence the alleged breaches for not complying with FFP.

I think :)
That's pretty well on the right lines. I'm not even sure whether it was a case of passing or failing FFP though. Simply putting forward incorrect accounts would be a breach of the rules. Even if those accounts were "correct" (in the PL's eyes) we still could have passed the PSR/FFP rules yet still face charges.

The thing that struck me yesterday was that possibly the PL have done their 'version' of what our accounts should have been, knocking off what they see as 'fake' sponsorships and adding image rights payments back, and in that scenario we would have failed PSR and FFP. It's pretty desperate stuff if so.

There is no point City taking action against Harris because: it would cost us money; he would get the sympathy vote; and we could actually send him over the edge. Any legal action should be confined to the big Media organisations who have deep pockets and are worth suing. The BBC, the Daily Mail, and the Guardian, would be a good starting point. We have got bigger fish to fry.
I only know of this Harris character through this forum. I couldn't care less about him or his jaundiced views.
However, I do look forward to the day his raison d'etra is concluded and using the following phrase. "It couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke."
He can 'retweet' that in any context he likes. An apology will not be forthcoming

It does seem as if he got some information from people at the club about "accelerating" what he calls "investment" but what I think was accelerating income to meet FFP when it started in the early 2010s (there was no point accelerating investment because that wouldn't have made any difference to FFP). There is nothing wrong with accelerating income as long as it is done properly, in fact the Board would have been negligent if they hadn't taken all allowable steps to meet FFP. Where he is going wrong is letting this misunderstanding consume him to the extent he can't see reality any more when it comes to City.

A bit sad, really. But still a **** who needs to reorganise his priorities in life.

What you’re saying is the **** doesn’t understand the subject he’s commenting on. It’s amazing how many have a platform to spout shit.

During this 18 months there will be periods where things go quiet in the mainstream media (not Twitter) and then suddenly news will come out of another club in the dock or Everton/Forest’s penalty and the journalists who were struggling to fill their columns will thank the Lord and be able to rehash their stories and headlines of potential stripping of titles, demotion to the National League etc. Nothing will have changed in our case whatsoever except that we will be a few days nearer hearing what I am certain will be a favourable verdict for City.
“Thank the Lord”
1705567806398.jpeg

During this 18 months there will be periods where things go quiet in the mainstream media (not Twitter) and then suddenly news will come out of another club in the dock or Everton/Forest’s penalty and the journalists who were struggling to fill their columns will thank the Lord and be able to rehash their stories and headlines of potential stripping of titles, demotion to the National League etc. Nothing will have changed in our case whatsoever except that we will be a few days nearer hearing what I am certain will be a favourable verdict for City.
We'll get an absolute deluge of articles on Feb 6th I imagine, as it'll be a year since the charges were made. The same old journalists will demand to know why we haven't had a resolution yet, even though they know full well why it's taking so long.

Exactly. No benefit to City doing anything.

The bloke is fading into obscurity. No media outlet is interested in his services and the only engagement he gets is when he posts snide City tweets. Gets virtually zero engagement on anything else he posts on Twitter - but regurgitating his 1am snide City posts every few days and he has another 5 mins of relevance again.

He will disappear into obscurity like Ewan McKenna did

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.