PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think he believed it. I think it really dawned on him at the end of Stefan’s reasoning…… I think many will have finally seen it & thought wtf have we done. I think the Athletic has finally realised it & that’s why the last week there has been a shift from them.

Maybe the simple question of ‘what is different between Everton & City’s case’ has made a few realise.
a change of rules in offing so media now starting to point out flaws and how much betterer the new system will be for mardarses

I swing back n forth about what i think/hope/dread/ will be.

Part of me thinks, “how can the Prem get this so wrong. Surely the level and seriousness of these accusations means they MUST have something on us. Would they risk the credibility of such a huge worldwide organisation on a whim or at the behest of certain clubs.

Then u swing back to the robust nature in the way City And our powers that be have defended themselves and come out fighting , saying we are 100% innocent and will prove it.

One thing is for sure. One side has got this VERY wrong.

There's a UK version of Sox now mate, albeit it wasn't really in place to the degree it is now, 10+ years ago.

I'd also imagine a club as multi national as ours, tries to adhere to as many national corporate governance regulations as reasonably possible.

There's a UK version of Sox now mate, albeit it wasn't really in place to the degree it is now, 10+ years ago.

I'd also imagine a club as multi national as ours, tries to adhere to as many national corporate governance regulations as reasonably possible.
Given the ownership of an American club, I would be shocked if the group didn't follow SOX, and although there is a British version last time I looked (it has been a while) hasn't got anywhere near the reach and mandatory requirements of SOX. (If I remember it was a comply or explain model, unlike SOX comply or get punished)

My point was that an Enron is possible just not in USA, and that it isn't impossible for Companies and their external audit to collude even with SOX. Not that I'm implying in any way the City, its sponsors and its auditors did.

I swing back n forth about what i think/hope/dread/ will be.

Part of me thinks, “how can the Prem get this so wrong. Surely the level and seriousness of these accusations means they MUST have something on us. Would they risk the credibility of such a huge worldwide organisation on a whim or at the behest of certain clubs.

Then u swing back to the robust nature in the way City And our powers that be have defended themselves and come out fighting , saying we are 100% innocent and will prove it.

One thing is for sure. One side has got this VERY wrong.

The whole world thought Uefa were going to fuck us over, they didn’t understand the time barred elements and the agreements City had reached with Uefa left them no legs to stand on when it went to CAS. Now the Premier League are having ago and once again it looks like they have bitten off more than they can chew. Is this serious law breaking, mass conspiracy on an industrial scale or is this a civil matter for breach of the Premier League rule book? If it’s the latter it limits what the PL can look at and how far they can go back.

One thing that really irks me if the narrative and language used around the alleged offences. If we're cleared, we'll still always be guilty in the eyes of some regardless of what the verdict is and what is proven/unproven in that verdict. It's very much dressed up as we're either guilty or guilty but get off with it. No one has ever pointed to the fact it may all be bollocks. Even if the charges are dropped/we win in court, we'll forever be seen by others as innocent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.