PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My main takeaway from this post is that you said the PL have taken on a case they can’t win. You always strike me as someone who errs on the side of caution Ric so I’m surprised to see you post that! Obviousiy, that now means I have to ask if you’ve heard anything more about the case from contacts within the club? ;)
Ric is on the embargoed exoneration final outcome, he just can’t say so until next Autumn when it’s formally published.

Just joking by the way!

I imagine all of the criticism about how long the process is taking, from fans, pundits and journalists alike, must be stinging the PL. As mentioned previously, it’s causing considerable reputational damage to them now. Are they really going to try and ride it out for the next 18 months?

I guess the only way they could plausibly expedite the process would be to drop some of the harder to prove charges or try and strike a deal, but that seems highly improbable. Not even sure if that’s possible now that it’s been referred to an independent commission?! What a mess they’ve got themselves into.

Hey lads, Wrexham fan here - go easy! Like you, we're high on everyone's agenda since we came into some well deserved investment and attention. Jealousy is a huge part of daily life. Looking at Citys case though, do none of you believe you've never done anything wrong or is it just a huge conspiracy borne out of jealousy and envy? And if found guilty, what kind of punishment are you expecting? Cheers.
Welcome, Dipper.

I imagine all of the criticism about how long the process is taking, from fans, pundits and journalists alike, must be stinging the PL. As mentioned previously, it’s causing considerable reputational damage to them now. Are they really going to try and ride it out for the next 18 months?

I guess the only way they could plausibly expedite the process would be to drop some of the harder to prove charges or try and strike a deal, but that seems highly improbable. Not even sure if that’s possible now that it’s been referred to an independent commission?! What a mess they’ve got themselves into.
It's their own 'Independent commission' kangaroo Court, so I suspect they can do what they want and drop charges. Whether City want them to is another matter. I think City want this process taken to the end and we are fully exonerated.

damage done, being innocent means the systems corrupt and we have paid off the prem and colluded or bribed the government somehow (the most batshit recent claim)

Found guilty everyone feels vindicated.

In the end all the cretins and sheep on social media amd some beyond will never think we are innocent, and you know what fuck em.
When we are found not guilty it will hurt the haters more. Another bonus imo.

It's their own 'Independent commission' kangaroo Court, so I suspect they can do what they want and drop charges. Whether City want them to is another matter. I think City want this process taken to the end and we are fully exonerated.
I guess this is an area where we hold more of the cards. The reputational damage to us is already done, so we have nothing to lose in that regard. We’re happy to drag it out, and continue winning trophies in the meantime, much to their chagrin.

I actually think this external pressure to speed up the process works in our favour, if anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.