PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is going to drag on and on and on.

My guess is that eventually City agree to a fine plus some sort of transfer limitation.
===
IMO though, the entire FFP system is bullshit.

If the goal is to keep clubs from spending into insolvency... well, that's not happening at City right now, so that's a misfire.

FFP in the P/L for me, is stupid. Screw the current FFP regulations. What's needed is some sort of regulations designed to keep clubs from overspending into debt, in the event that their wealthy owners decide to sell the club and/or stop spending.

Current, FFP regulations are ridiculous - seeing Everton in trouble now, as opposed to when irregular spending actually occurred is stupid.

That several sides might stay up at season's end - only for FFP regulations to step in and change who is regulated post season - is stupid.

The entire FFP system is nonsensical.

Last edited:
Killing the goose to join a bigger goose in the super league. City used as collateral damage.

It's incredible how naive and dismissive the mass public is to a very simple fact of life that was told over 2000 years ago in the Art of War.

Evil men will happily burn down their own dominion to rule over the ashes! - Sun Tzu

View attachment 104832
Just in the unlikely event we forget where the idea for FFP was born
Good to see that prick Simon Jordan making a fool oh himself again on Talkshite suggesting that Barada decision to join United my that he knows what is coming regards City 115 Premier League charges. But not realising he was in charge of City's sponseship during the alleged period, before Jim Shite informed of this and good old Graham Souness suggested if United had done their due diligence on him may more likely to suggest his and City's are in the clear ! What complete bell end Jordon is !

I wonder if the Premier League regret the way they've handled this. They're getting more criticism now from fans and the media than they were before the charges were announced. They've taken on a case they cannot win, and are doing immense damage to their own brand in the process. It's been pretty disastrous already for them.
I mean there is absolutely zero possibility the PL wanted this. It’s a total fucking disaster PR wise whatever the outcome.

I have no doubt that they felt compelled to proceed with the independent regulator on the cards and a collective of clubs holding the threat of supporting it over them.

While I don’t feel any sympathy for the PL who have happily chased the money and openly accommodated their biggest meal tickets, it’s clear to me that this was a desperate last throw of the dice to maintain a very cosy and financially beneficial monopoly.

If they say will guilty of fraud it will be a criminal act so will go to court
It absolutely doesn’t work like that, hence my comment that TH needs to source his claim.

If they were to uphold all of the charges against City, it’s feasible that the SFO could want to take a look also, but any action would take years and years to come to court, and wouldn’t have any impact on the PL case.

If City are found guilty, the verdict also comes into force immediately, even before any appeal is heard.

I can understand why some people fear a stitch-up, but it's going to be a long 18 months or so if you start heading down that rabbit hole. That way madness lies. Until we see anything to suggest the contrary, I'm going to assume that the panel will be independent and that we will get a fair hearing. Otherwise, what's the point in any of this? Personally, I think there is far too much at stake, on numerous levels, for the panel just to hand out some arbitrary punishment to us in order to appease certain parties. The fallout from a guilty verdict will be huge, so they'd need cogent evidence that holds up to extensive scrutiny.
I really wish I had your faith in this independent panel of the Premier League's. The reason for my skepticism can be entirely summarised below:

"UEFA takes note of the decision of the independent Adjudicatory Chamber" (...to originally ban us from the Champions League for two seasons).

When a governing body creates its own independent panel, the one guarantee is that they'll ensure its genuine independence is at the absolute minimal level.

Good to see that prick Simon Jordan making a fool oh himself again on Talkshite suggesting that Barada decision to join United my that he knows what is coming regards City 115 Premier League charges. But not realising he was in charge of City's sponseship during the alleged period, before Jim Shite informed of this and good old Graham Souness suggested if United had done their due diligence on him may more likely to suggest his and City's are in the clear ! What complete bell end Jordon is !
Jordan is obsessed. The number 115 spills from his lips within seconds of City being mentioned.

Not sure who it was, but in response to the Blue who was verbally abused in the street when he was wearing his City scarf - I feel your pain bud.

Twice in the last few months I’ve been called a “cheat” by complete fucking strangers when I had my City hoodie on.

It’s genuinely bat shit mental.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.