PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You know if you were just mentally rich, and I mean incomprehensibly rich, could you as a private citizen sponsor city for £1bil to have your name on the front of the kit? Maybe a picture of your with a thumbs up or whatever?
Or would that be frowned upon by the paragons of virtue in charge?

You know if you were just mentally rich, and I mean incomprehensibly rich, could you as a private citizen sponsor city for £1bil to have your name on the front of the kit? Maybe a picture of your with a thumbs up or whatever?
A thumbs up whatever would most definitely be frowned upon.

When Utd and LFC had their match fixing scandal United's solicitor was on the panel investigating United! He found the club did nothing wrong and never bothered to interview key people because he 'trusted them'. Football hey?

I go into a lot of detail about it in an article I wrote a while back for subscribers to my website:
Wasn’t it also suggested that the Arsenal secretary knew of the fix and said he’d keep quiet if Arsenal, who’d finished 7th in division 2 were promoted? I believe, to rub salt in the wounds, they replaced Spurs, who’d finished clear of the bottom places?
I’ve mentioned this to some of the red shirts fans before when they bang on about ‘history’ and, believe it or not, have been met by “not that far back” on more than one occasion…..

Not 3, It's such a huge organisation with serious allegations against multiple company's and high ranking people that imo it should be held in the courts. I'm well aware of the PL rules and this is the only path to go down. Actually it only needs Two of the Three.
But that could potentially be just one person (the judge), possibly three judges or even worse, 12 good men(or women) who know fuck all about the subject and who would possibly vote based on who they support. I'll take the 3 KC's thank you very much.

Last edited:

Depends. What would the losing bid have been? :)

But that could potentially be just one person (the judge), possibly three judges or even worse, 12 good men(or women) who know fuck all about the subject and who would possibly vote based on who they support. I'll thake the 3 KC's thank you very much.
So a KC Season card holder at Arsenal could possibly do the same?

Do you honestly believe that? A KC with a very serious reputation on the line?
You've just accused possibly 12 Jurors of doing the same thing. So why can't I accuse a KC of having in the back of his head "I really fuckin hate this club" and I'm in a position to show more support to the PL?

Wasn’t it also suggested that the Arsenal secretary knew of the fix and said he’d keep quiet if Arsenal, who’d finished 7th in division 2 were promoted? I believe, to rub salt in the wounds, they replaced Spurs, who’d finished clear of the bottom places?
I’ve mentioned this to some of the red shirts fans before when they bang on about ‘history’ and, believe it or not, have been met by “not that far back” on more than one occasion…..
It's a lot more complicated than that but the teams that benefitted were Utd, LFC & Arsenal. You're right to bring up Arsenal.

The fixed game points ultimately saved Utd from relegation (though this was not the last game of the season so things could have panned out differently). The enquiry rumbled on for years and wasn't concluded until after WW1 during which time all sorts of odd things happened with the investigation. Club self interest dominated and the solution was not to upset anybody (apart from some of the players but the FL and FA didn't really care about them). They enlarged the League rather than punish the clubs. Everton were told that if they objected to the plan then maybe their good friends (which they were) LFC would have to be punished as well as Utd and so Everton then supported the plan. Arsenal's role is often over promoted as if they'd done something underhand but that doesn't appear to be the case, although it is odd that when the League was expanded previously the relegated clubs were kept in top tier. This time only Chelsea were saved from being relegated (Utd could've taken their place had the fixed game result been overturned). Bottom club Spurs were still relegated (Utd would've had more points than them even if the fixed game had been overturned). Arsenal were voted into the top tier despite being 6th (from memory) but that's not that odd. Clubs often were voted in a head of others and back then the League was desperate to increase membership of the top division in the south (though why they didn't keep Spurs up is a mystery!). Ultimately, it looked like the League didn't want to punish United or LFC and those in charge concocted a plan that few clubs could argue with because ultimately the enlarged league meant they'd all be financially better off.

League football has always been about money and business - it's absolutely not a new phenomenon no matter what some try to say. I've researched and written a lot on this and some of it's available to subscribers of my website here:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.