PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

£100m is so small, 2 or 3 goodish players.
I think that's the idea of why it is small though so a club may be able to cope by selling players if the owner removed funding. Bearing in mind the current 105 mill over 3 years is made up of clubs losing 15 mill max with owners being allowed to add the other 90 so even a club losing 104mill over 3 years has a certain reliance on its ownership. Increasing this just makes psr a mockery if sustainability is the aim.

This, i dont think masters is some kind of evil genius by any means, i think the bright lights appealed to him and now he is massively out of his depth and isnt smart enough to find a way out, its very telling that the two other people they shortlisted for the job wanted no part of it and his previous incumbent left after 1 month, they all saw what was happening and didnt want their name and reputation tarnished, masters didnt have anything to lose at the outset and now he is trapped.
Agree with this. I think he’s just the useful idiot for certain powerful individuals (Gill etc) representing a handful of clubs. He won’t survive this shit show.

Could the likely change in UK government have an influence on our case?

There have been suspicions from the UK media that the UAE may be trying to putting political pressure on the UK government regarding foreign investment?

The likely incoming UK government at the time of the PL decision will be Keir Starmer's Labour government.

According to the Labour Parties blurb: "Keir was obsessed with football and still plays every Sunday with friends... A lifelong Arsenal fan, he has a season ticket at the Emirates, where he attends with his children." Starmer also "believes football itself could become a manifesto issue for the next election, where his party would push for a “fairer” game."

The UK media portray City as unfairly sportswashing oil revenue. City have dominated the PL recently. Starmer might regard it as a popular domestic move for a significant downfall of our status to occur with his government in power?

Given the UKs post Brexit isolation I’d suggest a PM of any persuasion will be blowing kisses in the direction of the UAE so I really wouldn’t worry.

Have any of you read the Comments from various fans on this subject on the website (Talk Sport)
WOW some don`t understand anything ref finances nor understand exactly what Stefan is saying.
Fans just don't want to understand the facts about other teams. I know someone who works in fraud for the police, has a degree etc, but is totally unaware of what we have actually been charged for. They kept relating Everton's one charge to City's 115 until I explained it to them, but I could see they just thought I was on the defensive as their eyes glazed over. I am sure they are still repeating the media nonsense and conflating different issues. God help anyone who is just a Neanderthal when it comes to rule- and law-breaking accusations.

Double 'Bravo!' to Stefan and a bonus 'Bravo!' to you too for posting! Many thanks!

If only the rest of the useless f**kers who masquerade as sports/football journalists nowadays could communicate with such clarity and authority on these complicated, almost Byzantine matters.

Oh and in answer to the questions put to Stefan regarding 'Is this the new normal, thanks to the advent of FFP?', yes it blooming well is.. and, Jim Boy, us City fans have been warning you all about it for almost a decade now, especially the likely impact on the Premier League's position as the top league on the planet.. playing right into the Spanish and German clubs' hands. But none of you have been listening.

Those other useless f**kers at the Premier League really don't know what they've started.

As Wild Bill Shakespeare used to say in his plays, 'Hey ho, the wind and the rain..'

I'm not sure that this is about the ESL, it's just more about the reality of the power that United/Arsenal/Liverpool have historically wielded at PL board level. The majority of supporters are unhappy because of the noise that Masters has allowed the aforementioned clubs to make about City. It has been a smear campaign, and it has worked because a lot of rival supporters think that the credibility of the league is undermined by City.

What Masters should've done after the CAS verdict, is the opposite of what they have done. He should've backed City, backed the idea that CAS found in our favor, and basically rallied around his product. Instead he chose to go to war on behalf of the red 3. Now he's paying the price as it has ultimately undermined his credibility and created serious unhappiness right across the division.

How do they prove what they need to prove? Even if City are totally cleared by the IC, rivals will continue to say City cheated. That is exactly what Masters should've been avoiding, not leaning into.

And this leaves the PL irrecoverably damaged as a product in the eyes of sponsors etc. It’s a seriously bad look for the PL and it is all self inflicted. This isn’t just about city - the PL are on a collision course with anyone who threatens the position of the red shirt three. Newcastle will inevitably be next and that will get ugly too. This could be a race to the bottom unless someone steps in to stop it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.