PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If the PL case is weak enough for them to accept they have no realistic chance of winning then, if I was Masters, I’d be throwing the towel in asap. No examination of the evidence (or lack of it) by the IC would give the PL the opportunity to blur the narrative along the lines of ‘being unable to reach the required threshold’, despite best efforts’, ‘difficult to compile evidence’ etc etc. All of which could be presented in a way that doesn’t clearly exonerate us and leaves the way open for continued negative media coverage. Would be interesting to see how the club reacted to that outcome.

I think as a few people have suggested - including @tolmie's hairdoo - the club will play hardball and insist this goes to a full hearing and the IC will have to write a full and unambiguous judgement stating that they have not found us guilty of any of the charges based upon the evidence provided by the PL. Moreover, given the history of the case and the high court judgement- I really don’t see a case of no cooperation being proven either. I guess the final element will be the red shirts will dispense with Masters and seek to blame everything on him - I just hope he has the guts to come out fighting and name a few people but I very much doubt he will since he will almost certainly receive a huge payoff with a cast iron confidentiality clause.

I think as a few people have suggested - including @tolmie's hairdoo - the club will play hardball and insist this goes to a full hearing and the IC will have to write a full and unambiguous judgement stating that they have not found us guilty of any of the charges based upon the evidence provided by the PL. Moreover, given the history of the case and the high court judgement- I really don’t see a case of no cooperation being proven either. I guess the final element will be the red shirts will dispense with Masters and seek to blame everything on him - I just hope he has the guts to come out fighting and name a few people but I very much doubt he will since he will almost certainly receive a huge payoff with a cast iron confidentiality clause.
What high court judgement ?

I think we all would, but the non-cooperation ones are likely to remain even if the rest fall apart.
I’m basing this on very little, but I disagree.

If the substantive charges are so weak they are dropped and don’t even make it to tribunal (a huge ‘if’ at this point) then it renders the whole case redundant and I can’t imagine any of the lesser charges proceed.

FWIW I think all of the charges will go to tribunal but will be found in City’s favour.

What high court judgement ?

The one where the Daily Mail took City and the pl to court demanding that the process couldn’t be kept confidential. The judge ordered that it was in the public interest that the case wasn’t confidential but also told the PL to get on with it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.