PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Many opposition fans are totally ignorant. I briefly spoke to a LFC fan last night until he dismissed Pep as a "chequebook manager." I pointed out that Pep had been pivotal at Barcelona in developing the careers of Messi, Pique, Puyol, Busquets,Xavi, Iniesta, and Pedro, all of whom cost nothing. Dani Alves cost just £20m. Then Pep created the greatest team in history. Messi has called Pep a genius who transformed his career. Puyol, Alves, Xavi, and Pique have described him as the greatest Manager of all time. Pep is the man (along with Cruyff before him) who built Barcelona. Pep was manager of the Barcelona B team before he got the top job. The level of ignorance with some opposition fans and moronic media pundits is staggering.

Took a big punt moving up Sergio Busquets up from Barcelona B to Barcelona’s first team and bombed out the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco. He made some ballsy decisions in his early stages at Barcelona.

When the rags stopped letting Taggert spend what he wanted and made him make do towards the end of his time at the swamp they went to pieces. They got lucky with that last league title and Moyes had to inherit a squad that was completely shot. They’ve never recovered from it and had to spend a lot of money unsuccessfully failing to have a decent group of players ever since.

His first big job was MD of the magazine giant Bauer and he has lots of expertise in tech and media. Presumably he was brought in because of his network of media contacts. This would have helped with broadcast contracts but you can be sure he is on first name terms with all the big media players in the UK.
Nothing wrong with this on the surface (it's part of his role) but it also shows just how incestuous these sort of high-level relationships are. A lot of them went to the same schools and universities. Make no mistake, people in the higher echeleons of the London-based media operate like a commercial mafia. MCFC are outside this tent and always have been. Arsenal, Spurs, MUFC, and LFC are inside the tent.

He is non-executive isn't he? I take your point but I am not sure we can criticise the input of non-executives bearing in mind who we have on the board .....

I just had a nice message from someone at the club saying it would be very apt for our fans to sing

"Every little thing is gonna be alright"

at the game tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening blues!
I take it he's sorts of things with a pinch of salt, but there's definitely more than one person saying similar noises are coming out of the club at the moment. Does anyone have more gossip about this?

This is only speculation on my part but 'if' the PL are looking for a way out as they know that their case is unwinnable then maybe there would have to be negotiations between the PL & the club about our terms for that? Contrary to what a lot of posters want we aren't going to be suing them for colossal sums but we presumably would want a statement stating that there was no case to answer as a starting point. There could also be a demand for someone like Masters to fall on his sword for instance.

If the PL case is as weak as we hope then I can't see it going all the way to the IC issuing a judgement in early summer next year.
If the PL case is weak enough for them to accept they have no realistic chance of winning then, if I was Masters, I’d be throwing the towel in asap. No examination of the evidence (or lack of it) by the IC would give the PL the opportunity to blur the narrative along the lines of ‘being unable to reach the required threshold’, despite best efforts’, ‘difficult to compile evidence’ etc etc. All of which could be presented in a way that doesn’t clearly exonerate us and leaves the way open for continued negative media coverage. Would be interesting to see how the club reacted to that outcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.