PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As the vast majority of us are, I'm a huge fan of Tolmie on this forum and think the transfer thread is/will be a far worse place without his videos. That side of things is all fun and games. Though I've no doubt he posts transfer videos in good faith, I take it with the fun it's intended and if things don't come off, it's no harm done.

But I'm inclined to believe that when it's an issue as big as this, he wouldn't be posting videos for humour unless his information was pretty rock solid. I hope I'm right on this and not just taking life too serious.

why? If the IC has realised there is nothing to go on, why not finish the matter now
Whilst there have been a few encouraging noises recently, it’s far too premature to talk about charges being dropped, a PL climb down etc imo. There’s still a long way to go in the process, and I doubt we’ll hear anything concrete for months, possibly even until next year.

No, best case, charges heard and found not guilty.
Not really. Best case is the IC effectively telling the PL that on the basis of the evidence submitted, and the club's responses, there is "no case to answer" and that to pursue it further would be seen as malicious. (Better still would be an assessment that it always was malicious...)

The outcome of the charges won't make the slightest bit of difference to the clueless fans of other clubs.
If we are found 'guilty' we will be known as cheats.
If all charges dropped before the case is heard we have paid the PL off.
If found 'not guilty' at the case we have paid the panel off.

The outcome of the charges won't make the slightest bit of difference to the clueless fans of other clubs.
If we are found 'guilty' we will be known as cheats.
If all charges dropped before the case is heard we have paid the PL off.
If found 'not guilty' at the case we have paid the panel off.
Not bothered what they think. If we’re cleared then all City fans can relax, enjoy & gloat

Last edited:
Whilst there have been a few encouraging noises recently, it’s far too premature to talk about charges being dropped, a PL climb down etc imo. There’s still a long way to go in the process, and I doubt we’ll hear anything concrete for months, possibly even until next year.
The noise at the moment can only be interpreted as that certain parties are saying that the PL is backing down and that we will be exonerated soon in my view.

This might (hopefully not) be nonsense / wishful thinking / bandwagon jumping because if it's not true then I'd expect the timetable of a hearing this autumn and judgement being released mid 2025 as still being valid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.