PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As Stefan said, these are extremely serious allegations. There is not much middle ground here. I’m hopeful that the PL, like UEFA, have gone all in, in an attempt to look strong and appease certain clubs, but now have a big job on their hands to prove their allegations. As the CAS ruling said, it would “mean that not only [Manchester City] lied to the [Football Association] and UEFA, but also that accountancy firms such as BDO, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and AlixPartners […] were all misled”. That’s a very big claim.
This is the crux of it now. The independent report, and the outside accountancy of those external firms, plus the testimony of everyone at the club Vs the emails (really).

The emails don't look great, but City have always been adamant that they've been presented in a way to look worse than they are OR multiple people across all of the attached Abu Dhabi businesses have conspired to cook the books and then have been willing to lie about it at every level.

Stefan's taking it seriously because the premier league is basically saying they think it could very well be the second one, and truth be told the CAS result and UEFA were a bit rushed and didn't look at the Mancini contract which frankly doesn't look great (but then again neither did the CAS emails, but with more context looked a bit better).

I think part of the issue here is that City have refused to cooperate again, so it really comes down to whether they have all the evidence to propose alternative interpretations.

It comes across as the club don’t know whether they will get found guilty or not tbh , putting a statement saying “we haven’t been naughty boys” just frankly doesn’t cut it . We are making BBC and ITV headlines at the ten o’clock news ffs. Soriano or Khaldoon need to find their fucking bollocks tbh and put out a televised statement- the fact they won’t or can’t because maybe they have been “naughty boys” actually speaks volumes in a way , if we are that sure without doubt then they need to come out swinging tbh , as fucking usual ,Soriano never comes out to defend OUR club , the self serving hide away in the background tosser that he is , sort your shit our boss , because one thing i know as a business owner , that if anyone pointed a finger at me knowing i was “not guilty” I’d have THEM in court and not the other way round , as per , it’s stick your head in the sand from the powers that be.
Something as serious as this requires the board to keep their cards close to their chest - they can’t post stupid “don’t worry” messages to fans. They’re a bit busy sorting out the case.

If we're guilty then we're fucked and we start again from wherever we are relegated to. Might be a few less tourists in the ground. But if we're innocent we really need to be going as hard as possible against those that are stirring the shit against us. Name and shame the fuckers and challenge them to defend their actions.
If we're innocent then our accusers are bringing the game into disrepute by their desperate actions and they need fucking off.

And no problem about getting away tickets to Nyde United and Radcliffe Borough!

Perhaps one of our legal eagles could elaborate but I've just had a quick read about limitation periods and they seem to be related more to contracts and deeds.

But the key thing is that a court won't unilaterally impose them; they have be used a defence. So A sues B under a contract that doesn't have an explicit limitation clause. B's defence is the event they're being sued over was more than 6 years ago. The court then decides whether that's a valid defence (there can be exceptions to the six-year rule n certain circumstances).

If you recall from the CAShearing, our first two lines of defence (which were about as effective as Cancelo's defending) were around the admissibility of the emails and the 6-year limitation. CAS dismissed the first but partly upheld the limitation defence, setting a limit to the period that could be reviewed.

I suspect, as I said, that it would suit the PL just fine if we were punished and challenged that in court, that we had to resort to a defence mainly involving a limitation period.
Yeah think we'll take a second pinch and hope it goes away.....I'd not be doing that but the club seem to move that way.

When we were banned by UEFA I noticed fans of all clubs were calling us cheats.

Now I get the feeling that fans of most teams outside of the usual suspects can see it for what it is.

Exactly, it's a huge claim. I find it hard to believe that nobody saw anything in the past 14 years (since the first alleged breach) and now all of a sudden they've found a problem with 9 years of accounts.

Some of the accusations are probably criminal too. That'll be all, probably have HMRC investigations next.
The PL would be obliged to inform HMRC at the first hint of financial impropriety.

No!

This bold bit is complete invention on your part.

Manchester City’s Auditors and accountants have no business knowing about if Al-Jazira payed Mancini millions.

The Premier League however, does, because they need all remuneration including from related parties to be disclosed.

I’ve already explained this to you once today.
So surely that would be a question for Mancini and the pl. If he has a 2nd job & doesn't declare it to the taxman what has that got to do with City, if City have paid him and his taxes accordingly for the work he did for mcfc...and delared all of that to the pl?

Funny that, because the club think otherwise. Either the club, the PL or you are lying?

Manchester City FC is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with.

PS. Arsenal fan. 2 posts. F*ck off, Gooner!
Shouldn't that nonce be on a register?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.