PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I guess bottom line is this, the Fa have to prove beyond doubt we have done wrong, we don’t have to prove our innocence
1. PL not FA.
2. Not beyond doubt but on the balance of probabilities. 51% is enough, it is a civil action.

This post is a very tenuous link to the thread but I’ve nowhere else to place it.

A Yemen’i fella has just taken over our local Chippy, I’m not a regular customer but called in on Sunday. Got talking to him, lovely guy, really good English. He told me he was born and brought up in Saudi Arabia by his Yemen’i parents. They had a very successful business in Saudi and he was given a decent level of education.

With the conflict going on against Yemen the Saudi government took away his parents business with no compensation and have given it to a Saudi National (who’ll probably get a lackey to run it). His parents are still in Saudi living off their savings. He had no option other than to get out as he needs to work so he’s ended up buying the Chippy and living in the flat above the shop.

He told me the Saudi government is answerable to no one, they do as they wish and I think that’s one reason they are a dangerous state, could they manipulate football somehow at Newcastle? I know they will be answerable due to various FFP legislation’s but they really have managed to make Saudi look like a progressive state with all their sports involvement. There is however a dangerous underbelly with the “House of Saud”.

I know there’s parallels with Abu Dhabi but the latter seems way ahead of Saudi with reforms and independence.

This post is a very tenuous link to the thread but I’ve nowhere else to place it.

A Yemen’i fella has just taken over our local Chippy, I’m not a regular customer but called in on Sunday. Got talking to him, lovely guy, really good English. He told me he was born and brought up in Saudi Arabia by his Yemen’i parents. They had a very successful business in Saudi and he was given a decent level of education.

With the conflict going on against Yemen the Saudi government took away his parents business with no compensation and have given it to a Saudi National (who’ll probably get a lackey to run it). His parents are still in Saudi living off their savings. He had no option other than to get out as he needs to work so he’s ended up buying the Chippy and living in the flat above the shop.

He told me the Saudi government is answerable to no one, they do as they wish and I think that’s one reason they are a dangerous state, could they manipulate football somehow at Newcastle? I know they will be answerable due to various FFP legislation’s but they really have managed to make Saudi look like a progressive state with all their sports involvement. There is however a dangerous underbelly with the “House of Saud”.

I know there’s parallels with Abu Dhabi but the latter seems way ahead of Saudi with reforms and independence.
What are the chips like?
Did he charge the earth and say “Yemeni or your life.”?
Chippy washing?
Seriously the idea that the Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund is somehow separate from the state where football is concerned is nonsense.

Wow. Just like that he can afford to buy a chippy - & his parents can live off their savings.

The Saudi Government is an example of an arbitrary government, not answerable to the rule of law.

Exactly what some people (including a few on this forum) would like the UK government to be.

All that stands between us and tyranny is the rule of law. Attack it at your peril.

It's a very 'fluid ' situation at the moment. Saudi is portrayed as this all powerful state, and they are but things are changing. They and our owners are under threat from all sides in the Arab world and are running out of allies as the yanks become self sufficient for power including oil.

It's a balancing act changing from old school to the modern world and the old ways and laws have to reconciled or chaos ensues as has happened in the past. We should all be aware of what's going on in the world, but there is a lot of more important shit going down than football. We shouldn't all need to be experts in geopolitics to support our team but that's where we are.

Someone posted a really good youtube video on their situation on here, if you can be bothered to watch.
Nothing is clear cut.

you act like those kind of things are unheard of in this county, there are CPOs and all sorts of things which happen in this very country, so lets not think that this country is a bastion of free speech and fairness while saudi is a hotbed of tyranny, dont believe the hype.

Wow. Just like that he can afford to buy a chippy - & his parents can live off their savings.
They had worked hard all their life and Farhad who has bought the Chippy may have a loan/mortgage, I didn’t ask, it’s a very modest shop and flat, quite small and in Ashton so we’re not talking fortunes here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.