PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There's a lot of confusion about Chelsea as many of their fans and the media think they need to make 100 mill worth of sales. They actually need to make 100 million profit on sales which is a totally different kettle of fish. All by June 30th. They also don't seem to factor in the current book values of players. Even if they manage to offload Lukaku for example it will be at a loss to his book value.

It will be The Great Escape Part II if they manage it.

This may be worth a listen - me v Nick Harris on the excellent Unofficial Partner podcast...

Really great listen, and unsurprisingly, projectriver shows up Harris's 'sporting intel' as very thin gruel.

My take on it, is that Harris spoke about / has the following info :
The Der Spiegel emails that have been examined to death, a revisit of the CAS case, the Etihad valuation, the tired old claim that City picked two panellists at CAS (LOL), and eh.. that was about it. Nothing that isn't in the public domain, or quoted ad nauseum by the usual know-nothings on Twitter.

His points were dismantled in detail by Stefan, with facts and knowledge.
Stefan spoke about 70/80% of the time, Harris managed to squeeze in a few eye-rolling clichés.

Well worth a listen.

This may be worth a listen - me v Nick Harris on the excellent Unofficial Partner podcast...

First time I have listened to harris what a knobhead. Wouldnr except that the red tops plus spurs are been it all lol

First class Projectriver.

I'm still worried the pl must have something big because if they havent this is embarrassing for the pl the brand, everything. Pl will self implode.

I still think City are innocent but cant get my head around why the pl brought this case

Just listened to it , great and informative as always

I felt Harris’s arguments were pretty weak and centred around his latest article that he’s been peddling to give it some exposure

I’ll get a chance to listen to this tomorrow. Are you happy with how it went? Did Harris concede to your greater knowledge?
People like Harris will never concede - this is his raison d’etre. He showed his naïveté several times - particularly around single “out of context” emails and how commercial settlements arise in the real world. Harris floundered a little at certain times but manfully kept trying to plough the same furrow. I’d say a very good points win for Stefan.

There's a lot of confusion about Chelsea as many of their fans and the media think they need to make 100 mill worth of sales. They actually need to make 100 million profit on sales which is a totally different kettle of fish. All by June 30th. They also don't seem to factor in the current book values of players. Even if they manage to offload Lukaku for example it will be at a loss to his book value.

It will be The Great Escape Part II if they manage it.
Stefan explained it expertly this morning on TS emphasising the word profit. It's a shame that there are so many Muppets in the media chatting shit about FFP when they are utterly clueless and the masses lap it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.