PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The process goes ‘alleged breach’ to verdict after tribunal with nothing in between, to say they’re not charges is just window dressing which of course is your right if it makes you feel better.

And as replied, the PL charge sheet overtly suggests a long term, established fraudulent conspiracy within the club. They haven’t said anything publicly full stop, bar the statement with the charge sheet, but you don’t allege a decade of fake accounts, fake employment contracts and fake sponsorships without openly accusing fraud.

Can you show me anywhere where the PL have said they've charged us with anything? And for that matter where the police have arrested anyone for breaches?

This is Incorrect. City already tried to get a commercial court to take it out of the PLs hands due to the overt nature of the investigation being that of fraud and lost resoundingly with the court ruling that the PL had jurisdiction.

Now if City were truly guilty of criminal illegality which we deny, why would we want the law courts involved? It's not like the PL can jail any of us, BUT the law courts can.

The SFO aren’t going to come kicking the office doors in based upon innuendo. *If* City were found guilty and the PL have managed to find and produce such evidence as to *incontrovertibly* prove fraud, I have zero doubt that the clubs senior executives will be getting their collars felt in due course. That’s of course a pretty enormous *if*.

Because as above, they aren’t going to come wading in with their size 10s over simple innuendo, especially when the PL will ultimately present the case such as it may be for them publicly with the tribunal verdict sometime in 2025.

I suggest you look at the current police investigation into Angela Rayner. The Tories can't even say what they're accusing her of, but she's being investigated by the police all the same. Also, have you forgotten about "Currygate" already?

A tax expert mused at most they're talking about a possible undeclared £1500 from 9 years ago. City are essentially being accused of repeated cases of multi-million pound fraud over the last 15 years, so again where are the authorities booting down our doors?

As to your last point, *if* City are undeniably proven guilty on the most serious charges, which would take something absolutely explosive to be presented by the PL that I struggle to believe they could ever have, it most certainly will end up stretching far beyond simply a commercial private members club

*If* can move mountains. Neither Starmer nor Rayner, & now Rayner on her own were found "guilty" by a tribunal hearing before the police were called.

If the PL have the evidence, why aren't they alerting the correct authorities? Explain?

I suggest you're over-complicating the whole matter for whatever ends. It's this simple, if City have committed fraud, why don't the PL stop fannying around & call it what it is, & just like the examples above, why aren't HMRC, the SFO & the police raiding The Etihad?
Popcorn cat is considering coming out of retirement.

Screenshot_20240419_003310_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240419_003711_Gallery.jpg

The Greater Manchester Mayor has addressed the accusations hanging over the club after being a vocal critic of the Premier League's handling of cases against Everton.

Andy Burnham has said he will support Manchester City in receiving 'fair and consistent treatment' amid the club's ongoing case with the Premier League.

Asked if he would support City in a similar manner if he thought the Blues were harshly treated, he told the Manchester Evening News: "So obviously it's not all in the public domain. But absolutely I will support Manchester City in securing fair and consistent treatment, and transparent treatment.

"I think that's the issue, that the Premier League need to reassure everybody on, that it's going to be done in a fair way, in a consistent way.

"And as I say, we don't know yet because there's not much in the public domain, but obviously I will absolutely represent both Manchester clubs, both Premier League clubs, as best I can, when they need my support. Obviously on the basis of, you know, challenging where things have been done unfairly or wrongly, that's what I will do."

Mr Burnham said in February that the Premier League had 'proved, in my view, that they can't properly regulate football through the way it's treated Everton Football Club.'

"We need a strong, independent statutory regulator for football, learning from all of the wrong things that have been done over recent weeks."

In a separate interview last month he said: "“I don’t think that the promoter of a product can also be the regulator of a product, particularly given the amount of money that is circulating in the game." Adding: "The regulator should be the regulator and nothing else."

The Premier League said it was unable to comment on ongoing disciplinary proceedings. In responses to two letters from Mr Burnham regarding Everton’s treatment, the organisation strongly refuted any suggestion cases had been mishandled.

The league also pointed out that the Secretary of State for Culture Media and Sport Lucy Frazer had suggested that cases such as Everton’s would remain a matter for leagues and would not fall into the realm of an independent regulator.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/andy-burnhams-vow-over-manchester-29022074

The PL quite literally have accused the club of fraud. What you say as ‘darent say the word’ actually = charged as written in the competition rules.

You can’t say with a straight face that charging with failing to file correct and up to date financial statements and failing to declare correct compensation figures for 9 years is anything but a direct accusation of fraud.

My suspicion all along has been that the PL ‘must’ believe they have something over and above what was argued at CAS as I struggle to believe that Adam Lewis would have advised the PL to move forward simply to rehash the same brief, albeit I concede that as those more knowledgable than me have said, ego can ultimately play an important role too.

I’m the opposite. I believe if they thought they had something they’d have charged us for 1 year & then gone back with the extra years etc

The 115 was the punishment, brand damaging with them kicking it down the lane & then accusing us of that.

View attachment 114931View attachment 114932

The Greater Manchester Mayor has addressed the accusations hanging over the club after being a vocal critic of the Premier League's handling of cases against Everton.

Andy Burnham has said he will support Manchester City in receiving 'fair and consistent treatment' amid the club's ongoing case with the Premier League.

Asked if he would support City in a similar manner if he thought the Blues were harshly treated, he told the Manchester Evening News: "So obviously it's not all in the public domain. But absolutely I will support Manchester City in securing fair and consistent treatment, and transparent treatment.

"I think that's the issue, that the Premier League need to reassure everybody on, that it's going to be done in a fair way, in a consistent way.

"And as I say, we don't know yet because there's not much in the public domain, but obviously I will absolutely represent both Manchester clubs, both Premier League clubs, as best I can, when they need my support. Obviously on the basis of, you know, challenging where things have been done unfairly or wrongly, that's what I will do."

Mr Burnham said in February that the Premier League had 'proved, in my view, that they can't properly regulate football through the way it's treated Everton Football Club.'

"We need a strong, independent statutory regulator for football, learning from all of the wrong things that have been done over recent weeks."

In a separate interview last month he said: "“I don’t think that the promoter of a product can also be the regulator of a product, particularly given the amount of money that is circulating in the game." Adding: "The regulator should be the regulator and nothing else."

The Premier League said it was unable to comment on ongoing disciplinary proceedings. In responses to two letters from Mr Burnham regarding Everton’s treatment, the organisation strongly refuted any suggestion cases had been mishandled.

The league also pointed out that the Secretary of State for Culture Media and Sport Lucy Frazer had suggested that cases such as Everton’s would remain a matter for leagues and would not fall into the realm of an independent regulator.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/andy-burnhams-vow-over-manchester-29022074

He’s not really defending us there is he….. cock!

He’s not really defending us there is he….. cock!
He can hardly preempt the IC findings & say City are innocent regardless. He said little information is in the public domain, but he'd support both Manchester clubs to the best of his ability & just wants City to be treated fairly.

TBH, I don't see what else a politician can say without being labelled biased.

He can hardly preempt the IC findings & say City are innocent regardless. He said little information is in the public domain, but he'd support both Manchester clubs to the best of his ability & just wants City to be treated fairly.

TBH, I don't see what else a politician can say without being labelled biased.

The noise coming out of Everton has been that they aren’t being treated fairly & it’s not consistent because whatabout City. The only point he makes the point is about consistency.

There’s enough out there for a savvy Manchester politician to launch if he so wants, he doesn’t. What’s the problem with appearing biased.

Last edited:
The noise coming out of Everton has been that they aren’t being treated fairly & it’s consistent because whatabout City. The only point he makes the point is about consistency.

There’s enough out there for a savvy Manchester politician to launch if he so wants, he doesn’t.
Much of the world are hung up on whatabout City, which is understandable. Most City fans don't understand the 115 alleged breaches, let alone opposition fans being fed a daily diet of bile induced bollocks from the likes of Delooney & Jordan.

If City were in Everton's position of failing FFP/PSR by £10m-£15m, & they were seemingly untouched after being accused of "charges" running into hundreds of millions over a 15 year period, I'm pretty sure most of us would be squeaking whatabout Everton.

My Spud supporting family were calling us cheats a few months ago, but the conversation ended abruptly when I asked them to outline what the 115 breaches were.

They didn't have a scooby & why would they? Like most fans they're only interested in their club. If I was asked details about most PL clubs, I wouldn't have a clue either.

I've heard our fans complaining about the Dippers £50m stadium deal which helped them circumnavigate FFP/PSR. I've also heard about ManUre's breaches & the modest fine they received, but I've no detailed idea what either accusation is really about.

The key thing from Burnham is him saying:

On this substantive point, I think we can all agree. )(

Much of the world are hung up on whatabout City, which is understandable. Most City fans don't understand the 115 alleged breaches, let alone opposition fans being fed a daily diet of bile induced bollocks from the likes of Delooney & Jordan.

If City were in Everton's position of failing FFP/PSR by £10m-£15m, & they were seemingly untouched after being accused of "charges" running into hundreds of millions over a 15 year period, I'm pretty sure most of us would be squeaking whatabout Everton.

My Spud supporting family were calling us cheats a few months ago, but the conversation ended abruptly when I asked them to outline what the 115 breaches were.

They didn't have a scooby & why would they? Like most fans they're only interested in their club. If I was asked details about most PL clubs, I wouldn't have a clue either.

I've heard our fans complaining about the Dippers £50m stadium deal which helped them circumnavigate FFP/PSR. I've also heard about ManUre's breaches & the modest fine they received, but I've no detailed idea what either accusation is really about.

I’m sorry but by your example you’ve allowed Burnham to play dumb about our charges & the evidence. He’s using his platform as Mayor of Greater Manchester to defend Everton by being both informed & biased whilst playing both ignorant & neutral witb regards to City. I would expect him to become informed, vocal & outraged about City when there is no evidence of wrongdoing compared to his own club that pleaded guilty.

What he’s done as a politician is show that his opinions & policies will match self interest & not the constituents.

There was a European parliament report a few years ago that supported FFP, despite the challenge to EU law on unfair restraint on trade. What didn't get as much publicity was that the report also said that the regulatory body should not be run by directors of the clubs who might set and enforce rules to their clubs' advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.