PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Sad that for the duration of the investigation as fans we have to listen to the shite that opposing fans are now spouting. Be even worse if there has been wrong doing. I just hope this shit galvanises the team for the remainder of the year and we do something special on the pitch be class to win another 3 trophies and it would boil some serious piss
I agree but sadly I can't see it having a positive effect on the team they don't look a happy camp as it is.

It's extraordinary. I don't know how we can be accused of very serious accounting malpractice and yet see our case go to an independent hearing of this kind. The Serious Fraud Office and/or HMRC must surely be taking an interest in the explosive nature of these allegations. There will surely be questions about the competency of the PL if they failed to detect falsification, as well as many other bodies that scrutinised our accounts and ultimately signed them off. I agree with Stefan when he says that it is entirely plausible that the PL simply do not understand of what it is they are accusing City. This has the potential to become an extremely ugly affair and goes beyond the UEFA allegations in terms of severity. It would also appear that some of the professional courtesy that City shared with UEFA is lacking with the PL. After the CAS verdict, Khaldoon called Ceferin and they had a cordial conversation. I don't see something similar happening here - I think that the outcome could shake the foundations of the PL, particularly with independent regulation in the offing. I should imagine that the UK government will only be emboldened to introduce independent regulation if one of its key security allies and trade partners is wrongfully smeared by an organisation that is in the grip of certain members with too much influence.
It really does feel like this a fucking huge confrontation between American and Middle-Eastern capital, with Britain desperately needing both to get on, that is implausibly going to happen behind closed doors, with zero public scrutiny, with a three person panel. I don't think I've seen anything like it. I keep going through the implications of a guilty verdict from the central allegations, and they're all way above and beyond whether little Citeh are docked ten points or have a year in the championship.

I suspect forward looking but all hell will break loose if the PLs case is proven because it is simply such a huge allegation. This is the thing that is so amazing. They are making ultra serious allegations way beyond sport.
When Silverlake and the Chinese bought a stake, presumably they did due diligence? Had they thought there was anything dodgy in the books surely they’d have been off?

Seems like that just wanna go after us

IF we were guilty of some of these charges, like paying a manager partly from another company etc, would anyone believe this doesn’t happen at other huge clubs where the wage bill alone for staff is insane amounts of money?

If they investigated United or Chelsea, or foreign clubs like PSG as much as they have with us, I’d bet my bollocks they would find breaches of some financial rules somewhere.

I think it would naive to think some entity worth billions is completely squeaky clean and by the book 100%, even if it’s minor things that will just earn you a slap on the wrist.

The problem I have is we seem to be the target when every club will be at it in one way or another.

20 years ago I had a mate who used to coach youngsters at the Rags & do other stuff. It was a nice number & not a massively paid job but a liveable wage.

End of the season he used to go to the Caribbean & run a Raggy soccer camp & get paid by their FA. I can’t remember but I think it was about 25-30% on top of his annual pay.

So 2 effectively paid by the Rags & paid by someone else.

Now let’s do the media witch hunt & explain that the FA was jack Warners, throw in fifa bribes & before you know it you’ve got a scandal.

I don't see this as an issue, lots of investigations occur in hindsight.

I get that, but are t we mainly being charged with failure to supply full accounts year on year?

After a year or two, surely they’d say, hang on lads, we’re still waiting for last years accounts.

Waiting 9 years to accuse us seems a little bit reno’s of them.

A couple of questions to those who know more on this matter:

1. Do City believe we will get a truly impartial hearing by the PL panel considering it will consist of people chosen by the PL? It doesn't sound too dissimilar to the UEFA CFCB which has an elected Chairman in both the First Chamber and Appeals Chamber and City withheld information from the CFCB because we didn't trust them to be impartial and felt it would be better to appeal their ruling and have a fair hearing at CAS. The leaks that came out were commented on by CAS as well, as concerning. Can we really expect the PL panel to be impartial, although my next question might mean we don't have a choice!

2. I've read that the PL panel's decision will be final and that we can't appeal it. Is that the case?

During this shit storm, there is no way that Pep should face the media by himself in press conferences. He’s not a solicitor or accountant and shouldn’t have to field questions about the allegations.
There needs to be someone by his side who will shut down any journalists who go down that route. Start banning them if they continue
The PL have clearly stated they will make no comment until this is over. Can’t see why that isn’t the first sentence in Pep’s pressers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.