PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Wouldn't it just and if anything it would actually improve the atmosphere at the Etihad as everyone would be behind the lads 100%

We would still have empty seats at home though apart from when we play our local derbies against Altrincham and Oldham :))

Euro away to Wrexham, plus we would be Cup minnows taking 1000s to the big boys
I would love Curzon Ashton fans singing WWYWYWS……….

Talksport playing a "fun" game of how to rewrite results back to 2009 "if" City have been "cheating"

All fun and games isn't it. Even if we aren't guilty of anything, our reputation is fucked.
No it isn't, talking to most people ,fansof other clubs, and casual fans. They don't think we can be guilty of all this.

Seems like that just wanna go after us

IF we were guilty of some of these charges, like paying a manager partly from another company etc, would anyone believe this doesn’t happen at other huge clubs where the wage bill alone for staff is insane amounts of money?

If they investigated United or Chelsea, or foreign clubs like PSG as much as they have with us, I’d bet my bollocks they would find breaches of some financial rules somewhere.

I think it would naive to think some entity worth billions is completely squeaky clean and by the book 100%, even if it’s minor things that will just earn you a slap on the wrist.

The problem I have is we seem to be the target when every club will be at it in one way or another.
It does seem City have been singled out. I have not seen all the details but surely the PL should categorically state they scrutinise all clubs to the same extent and pursue any hint of wrongdoing regardless to clarify objectivity.
I do hope City have something on other clubs that may be behind this.

Wouldn't it just and if anything it would actually improve the atmosphere at the Etihad as everyone would be behind the lads 100%

We would still have empty seats at home though apart from when we play our local derbies against Altrincham and Oldham :))

Euro away to Wrexham, plus we would be Cup minnows taking 1000s to the big boys

It's weirdly sort of exciting isn't it? I'd probably be more excited for that than I am for Villareal in a CL group game!

We take down the Premier league

That's impossible, no legal institution would kill the PL. Legal norms aren't constituted and followed in a vacuum, they respect common sense. And common sense dictates that the PL can't be taken down.

Interesting point raised yesterday on here
I hope you are right :)

But this whole seems of a witch hunt. I cant believe that all other 17 clubs are treated the same. I cant believe that the dippers rags and gooners are investigated like us.

So why us ?

Is it legal to pick on one member ?

Why did they choose City , who decided to go after City.

Why are the dippers and rags allowed to vet the candidates for the head of the PL.

I use to enjoy being a football fan, bananas, the songs, the banter. Now I still love City but I now hate dippers and rags and I mean an unhealthy hate. Football is turning into what feels like war. I'm 62 to fucking old to be feeling like this.

FFP is there for one reason only to stop other clubs from being competitive. To allow the cartel to stay at the top.

In what othe line of business is it illegal to invest in your company as much as you think is required to make it a success ?

I hope City smash this to pieces, take down the American own clubs and a few of the press/media along the way.

This stinks

CTID
Are all the other clubs currently in or have been in the Premier league in the same time frame going to be subjected to the same depth of scrutiny and investigation, and also sullying by the press?
One bright point in this big pile of shit today was one of the outlets actually highlighting the Arsenal connection with lead investigator.

Should evidence that had been illegally obtained by hackers be used to bring charges against anyone?

A criminal act being used to prosecute and persecute City is happening here and it should never stand up or be given as evidence in any inquiry or court of law. If you prosecuted someone and when asked how the evidence was obtained, you stated that one of our operatives accessed the information by hacking into the accounts or smuggled several documents out from the offices, the evidence would be inadmissible and the case thrown out. This is the case here, pure and simple.

Simply the ethics and morals of how the evidence was gathered is abhorrent and if this is how the case for the PL is put forward, then using hacking becomes fair game to anyone wishing to tarnish the reputation, goodwill and the name of anyone they want to.

The press have seemed to have conveniently forgotten that one of the established newspapers had to close down because of illegally hacking phones to get information to discredit several prominent and famous people. The PL had best be careful what they wish for as I can see a massive lawsuit for defamation and libel being issued by City.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.